cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: CN
Views: 1,092
Message 91 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@AJH162 wrote:

You are asking on a community support forum though.  It's mostly intended for users to help each other rather than getting support from Lenovo directly.  Your chances of getting what you want from this forum directly is much lower than being able to have users help you out with getting what you need from primary support channels if you can share more about what is happening. 

 

You can't go to a McDonalds and complain that they don't cook you a steak.  Other people are not having trouble getting support through the normal channels.  If you can share more specific details about the problems you've experienced with primary support, maybe someone that has been able to get their problem fixed could help you with getting the support you need from the primary support options.

 

Are you more interested in getting your problem fixed or being upset with Lenovo?


Again, you have no clue what you are talking about. Then show me someone who has gone successfully through the primary support channels available to me. How about you stop spamming this thread, everyone else here posts insightful information. You are not even affected by this issue. Seriously....

 

Or go ahead and call the hotline youself and see what kind of answer you get:

Phone support can be reached by calling 400-100-6000

Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6,981
Registered: ‎09-03-2014
Location: SK
Views: 1,061
Message 92 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

@BrokenThinkpad

 

I think enough is enough. We've researched your Community access and it appears you are often in Japan and Hong Kong where you could also easily request support; the X1E system does have International Warranty entitlement. Or, because we couldn't find your email in those country databases and the frequency with which your location changes you are accessing the Community through a VPN which, to me, is the most likely answer.

 

In order for you to be perhaps more anonymous as well as using a VPN you have, in your Community account, registered with a gmail.com email address which we passed on to China support requesting you be reached out to. They have been unsuccessful because all Google apps, including gmail, are blocked in China. In creating an anonymous persona for yourself you have also made it next to impossible for anyone to assist you.

 

I see now two possible alternatives:
  1. Replace your gmail.com email address in your Community profile with one which belongs to a domain not blocked in China.

  2. Request assistance at https://club.lenovo.com.cn/ the Chinese Lenovo Community; they should certainly be able to provide or arrange assistance for you.

 

If you choose to remain in this Community and continue participating please ensure that your future posts are civil and respectful toward other members and that your cap-locks key functions normally. I will check the email in your profile my tomorrow morning for changes, in about 12 hours from this post, and should I not see any changes I will  assume you have sought assistance elsewhere.

 

 

Andy

 

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos
 

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
 

  Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: CN
Views: 1,047
Message 93 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

@BrokenThinkpad

 

I think enough is enough. We've researched your Community access and it appears you are often in Japan and Hong Kong where you could also easily request support; the X1E system does have International Warranty entitlement. Or, because we couldn't find your email in those country databases and the frequency with which your location changes you are accessing the Community through a VPN which, to me, is the most likely answer.

 

In order for you to be perhaps more anonymous as well as using a VPN you have, in your Community account, registered with a gmail.com email address which we passed on to China support requesting you be reached out to. They have been unsuccessful because all Google apps, including gmail, are blocked in China. In creating an anonymous persona for yourself you have also made it next to impossible for anyone to assist you.

 

I see now two possible alternatives:
  1. Replace your gmail.com email address in your Community profile with one which belongs to a domain not blocked in China.

  2. Request assistance at https://club.lenovo.com.cn/ the Chinese Lenovo Community; they should certainly be able to provide or arrange assistance for you.

 

If you choose to remain in this Community and continue participating please ensure that your future posts are civil and respectful toward other members and that your cap-locks key functions normally. I will check the email in your profile my tomorrow morning for changes, in about 12 hours from this post, and should I not see any changes I will  assume you have sought assistance elsewhere.

 


Finally some support. 

 

How about telling me this kind of things in advance instead of quietly trying unfruitful operations, we could have already sorted everything out. For the future I advise you to focus on a dialog based customer support approach.

 

I will change my email adress right now, so I can finally get support.

In addition, what you say is wrong, I have International On Site Warranty Service which is easily to proof by my serial number.

 

Happy to give you my serial number, so you can see that what you say is inaccurate.

 

And also thank you for gving me a 12 hour time limit after saying nothing for one week.

 

Thumbs up Lenovo.

 

EDIT: My profile email address has now been changed to a domain which is accessible in china, now please set things finally into motion.

 

If in 24 hours after this post I do not hear anything from a responsible support site, I will assume I have to remind you here again.

 

Thank You.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: CN
Views: 823
Message 94 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

@BrokenThinkpad

 

I think enough is enough. We've researched your Community access and it appears you are often in Japan and Hong Kong where you could also easily request support; the X1E system does have International Warranty entitlement. Or, because we couldn't find your email in those country databases and the frequency with which your location changes you are accessing the Community through a VPN which, to me, is the most likely answer.

 

In order for you to be perhaps more anonymous as well as using a VPN you have, in your Community account, registered with a gmail.com email address which we passed on to China support requesting you be reached out to. They have been unsuccessful because all Google apps, including gmail, are blocked in China. In creating an anonymous persona for yourself you have also made it next to impossible for anyone to assist you.

 

I see now two possible alternatives:
  1. Replace your gmail.com email address in your Community profile with one which belongs to a domain not blocked in China.

  2. Request assistance at https://club.lenovo.com.cn/ the Chinese Lenovo Community; they should certainly be able to provide or arrange assistance for you.

 

If you choose to remain in this Community and continue participating please ensure that your future posts are civil and respectful toward other members and that your cap-locks key functions normally. I will check the email in your profile my tomorrow morning for changes, in about 12 hours from this post, and should I not see any changes I will  assume you have sought assistance elsewhere.

 


Enough time has passed now and I have received no information about any further steps from you.

 

I hope after setting up tight deadlines for desperate and suffering customers you can now finally turn words into action.

 

Thank You.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: CN
Views: 680
Message 95 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

@BrokenThinkpad

 

I think enough is enough. We've researched your Community access and it appears you are often in Japan and Hong Kong where you could also easily request support; the X1E system does have International Warranty entitlement. Or, because we couldn't find your email in those country databases and the frequency with which your location changes you are accessing the Community through a VPN which, to me, is the most likely answer.

 

In order for you to be perhaps more anonymous as well as using a VPN you have, in your Community account, registered with a gmail.com email address which we passed on to China support requesting you be reached out to. They have been unsuccessful because all Google apps, including gmail, are blocked in China. In creating an anonymous persona for yourself you have also made it next to impossible for anyone to assist you.

 

I see now two possible alternatives:
  1. Replace your gmail.com email address in your Community profile with one which belongs to a domain not blocked in China.

  2. Request assistance at https://club.lenovo.com.cn/ the Chinese Lenovo Community; they should certainly be able to provide or arrange assistance for you.

 

If you choose to remain in this Community and continue participating please ensure that your future posts are civil and respectful toward other members and that your cap-locks key functions normally. I will check the email in your profile my tomorrow morning for changes, in about 12 hours from this post, and should I not see any changes I will  assume you have sought assistance elsewhere.

 


Until now, no email has been sent to my profile email address which I changed according to your deadline.

 

Until now, no further update has been provided by you about the general progress of fixing this horrible issue by software.

 

Are you going to be quiet on this matter Lenovo ? Is your strategy that you forget that this ever happend ?

 

If so, then please tell me, so that I can throw my X1 Extreme G1 into the garbage bin and be quiet forever.

smiron
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎02-21-2019
Location: GB
Views: 587
Message 96 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

I have the P1 and experiencing this issue.

 

This machine ... that I've spent 3200 pounds on ... has been nothing but trouble. The display is not 10 bit as advertised, thunderbolt displays do not work, 1.5 months after purchase I get a bios update that locks the max temperature to 80 degrees and I see a 30% decrease in performance (obviously I cannot return it now since it's more than 1 month after purchase), coil whining  .. and soooo many others.

 

I WOULD GIVE IT FOR REPAIRS IN A HEARTBEAT IF I COULD AFFORD THE DOWNTIME (and no .. the caps key is not broken ... only the user is frustrated to see yet another issue with this unit).

 

Tomorrow I will contact Lenovo support in the UK and see what can be done.

 

PS: From what I see in this post ... clearly Lenovo doesn't care in any way shape or form about their clients. And after giving no updates or solutions for so long ...they also insult their clients.

AJH162
Punch Card
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-30-2019
Location: US
Views: 581
Message 97 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

Don't let broken Thinkpad get you down.  If you scan through the thread a bit more you'll see they have been fixing this issue for customers.  Broken Thinkpad is just having issues that seem atleast even parts user error and Lenovo dropping the ball given that most of the people in the thread seem to have gotten it fixed, though it does require servicing.  If you have Depot service you'll probably have to send it in.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: CN
Views: 516
Message 98 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

Hello,

 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry you have had the experience. Engineers have been able to reproduce the exact symptoms and, as a result, the BIOS files have already been removed from the support site to prevent further downloads. They are also looking into possible recovery options which will take a little longer and I hope to have more information regarding any options at around this time tomorrow.


Hi Lenovo,

 

Are there any updates from your "engineers" ?

 

Has been more than 2 weeks now without any word from you.

I am also still waiting for the support email you promised me.
I followed all your instructions, now do your part please.

Lenovo Employee thinkerwu
Lenovo Employee
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-10-2019
Location: CN
Views: 420
Message 99 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

Hello sir,Can you contact  engineers at wechat (below link) or 400-100-6000 for help.

https://support.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/templetes/weixin.html

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: CN
Views: 389
Message 100 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN


@thinkerwu wrote:

Hello sir,Can you contact  engineers at wechat (below link) or 400-100-6000 for help.

https://support.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/templetes/weixin.html


thank you.

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors