Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 571
Message 21 of 103

Re: X1 EXTREME G1 - BIOS UPDATE 1.22 - SUPERVISOR PASSWORD BROKEN

@Alazef wrote:
The password that is broken is a power-on not a supervisor. Maybe you should update the title.

Please let me know if you found a fix.

THAT IS WRONG. MAYBE YOU SHOULD UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

markgoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 537
Message 22 of 103

The  temporary solution is press Enter directly when system ask you to input the password,

but some entry related to security is not be able to change.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 525
Message 23 of 103

@markgoo wrote:

The  temporary solution is press Enter directly when system ask you to input the password,

but some entry related to security is not be able to change.

THIS DOES NOT WORK.

BrokenThinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 516
Message 24 of 103

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:

As I stated previously Engineers are looking into possible recovery options but, at this time, it would be pure speculation on my part if I were to set an expectation for a resolution time line. If someone has experienced this issue and feels they require immediate assistance they should please contact support through the Contact Us site, (contact options may vary from country to country).

What is the situation now ? How are people supposed to work with their BIOS broken machines ? and how are people supposed to get help from their support sites, if the support sites are not aware of this issue and therefore refuse support ?

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHICH LENOVO SUPPORT AND ENGINEERING TEAMS ARE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE ?

FURTHERMORE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF LENOVO IS AWARE OF THIS ISSUE ON A GLOBAL SCALE ?

Alazef
Punch Card
Views: 487
Message 25 of 103

Lenovo won't replay to us... because they do not know how to fix it. 

Alazef
Punch Card
Views: 483
Message 26 of 103

pressing Enter does not work
Alazef
Punch Card
Views: 475
Message 27 of 103

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHICH LENOVO SUPPORT AND ENGINEERING TEAMS ARE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE ?

FURTHERMORE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF LENOVO IS AWARE OF THIS ISSUE ON A GLOBAL SCALE ?

I can confirm it is on a global scale. Lenovo in the Middle East told me "give us your contact info we will get back to you"

markgoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 471
Message 28 of 103

It works for me, I think there is maybe some different settings between us, that lead us the different result.

Hope Lenovo could realize the importance of this question, and give us a real solution.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 465
Message 29 of 103

For those who have met the issue:
as a temporary solution reset the UEFI variables by the following command
Winflash64.exe /patch /cvar

Execute it in the command prompt window from the folder with BIOS update extracted, i.e.as a current folder. Then reboot the laptop and try to enter the BIOS Setup.
This command doesn't touch the BIOS (not reflash it), so, the command is standard and safe. It helped earlier on other systems with the same issue.

@BrokenThinkpad,

the entire text in capslock will not help to get the solution faster. Please, don't use it in your posts. Thanks

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Alazef
Punch Card
Views: 461
Message 30 of 103

@BrokenThinkpad
or those who have met the issue:
as a temporary solution reset the UEFI variables by the following command
Winflash64.exe /patch /cvar

Execute it in the command prompt window from the folder with BIOS update extracted, i.e.as a current folder. Then reboot the laptop and try to enter the BIOS Setup.
This command doesn't touch the BIOS (not reflash it), so, the command is standard and safe. It helped earlier on other systems with the same issue.

@BrokenThinkpad,

the entire text in capslock will not help to get the solution faster. Please, don't use it in your posts. Thanks

We're saying we **cannot** enter the bios and you say "try to enter the BIOS Setup." !! 

Please do not wrte misleading comments...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors