cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ron1999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,047
Message 1 of 3

X1 Extreme Battery > 3 Hours Unacceptable!

Three days with my new X1E and cannot get it better than 3 hours battery life.  I've read all I could find on battery saving and tweaks and three hours is the best I could get.   I turned down the screen to about 50% and with zero activity, just sitting idle with the scren on, it lasted just over 3 hours.  I also did a battery calibration refresh - no change.   

Also, in Power Options I changed Processor Power Management > Maximum Processor State > On Battery = 30%.   Still 3 hrs.

How is it possilbe to claim 15 hours in their specs???   I see others are getting around 6 hours; I'd be happy with that...

It would make an excellent desktop that's plugged in all the time.   Sadly, it's going back for a refund...

---------------- Updated Here ------------------

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/lenovo-x1-extreme-POOR-BATTERY-3-HRS-with-ful...

karunadheera
What's DOS?
Views: 1,128
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme Battery > 3 Hours Unacceptable!

That is terrible. I get ~10 hours out of my X1E easily.

X1E 1080p, 16GB i7-8750H, Dual SSD (970 PRO 512G, WDC PC SN720 512G), Pop!_OS, Undervolt, TLP, CPU Power Manager

I guess you're on Windows. May be it is doing creepy stuff that you are not aware of. I do not allow corporate scammers like Microsoft on my hardware.

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 1,100
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme Battery > 3 Hours Unacceptable!

This is strange. I could easily get 5+ hours on the 4K model of X1E.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors