Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArjanBe
What's DOS?
Views: 388
Message 11 of 15

Re: X1 Extreme Bricked Black Screen by BIOS update

Did you actually read what we are trying to say?

We are trying to update and get bricked, how can we upgrade to prevent a brick. You are not making sense. 

wizofe
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 12 of 15

In my case it makes sense indeed as I had the issue with the hybrid graphic card.

The problem is I don't want to have a motherboard changed in a new laptop (especially as I had two more issues).

I want a replacement.

ArjanBe
What's DOS?
Views: 375
Message 13 of 15

In my case they replaced the motherboard. Bios brick is no fun. Had to wait for 10 days for them to do it. Because the parts had to be ordered. Sending could be done, until 3 weeks after delivery. 

BKD-Digital
What's DOS?
Views: 362
Message 14 of 15

I called up support and demanded a refund. I provided them the link to the several related threads on this forum and they processed the return immediately. I just received the return label today and UPS will pick it up once I schedule the pick up.

It's not worth letting them fix in my opinion.

I just went with an ASUS. After feeling the "quality" of this machine, I figured let me give one of the smaller companies a shot. ASUS makes great computer components (motherboards, graphic cards, etc...) so I'm sure their laptops will be just fine.

wizofe
Paper Tape
Views: 358
Message 15 of 15

Thanks for the tip. I'm a very proud owner of a T450 which is built like a rock. I can throw it all over the place and it still an amazing machine. 

Only issue is that it has the most terrible screen ever.

I'm very sad seeing that their quality goes down and the have an untested BIOS! I will also ask for a return as there were many issues in this laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors