Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nametag
Blue Screen Again
Views: 445
Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme CPU and backlight

I have a new X1 Extreme, I really want to love this computer but I am having a few issues. I Believe there is an issue with the CPU on my new X1 Extreme 4K, 8850H, 16GB.

The CPU is spiking to 100% load quite a bit. I have downloaded Intel’s Extreme Tuning Utility for monitoring only. I have NOT made any changes. ETU shows the CPU as thermal throttling at all times.

I use this computer for my small business. Some programs I use will cause the major spiking as well as if I run a benchmark or play a game I get spiking as well. It looks like this computer should be getting in the 1100-1250 range on cinebench from what people have posted on various forums and reddit. My X1E gets 803, that is a huge difference and further leads me to believe I have an issue.

I am also having the issue with the CPU won’t go above 80DegC. The forums seem to have many people with this issue but I am unable to fix it.

I have tried

Enable/disabling intelligent cooling

every battery performance setting available.

The backlight on the 4K Panel is bleeding in all four corners. It looks pretty poor. Not sure if Lenovo can  look at it before I take it back.

I am concerned there is an issue with th cpu that will be a long time problem. Can Lenovo please advise if I should be sending this unit back?

For a $3200 Laptop this is currently unacceptable. Please assist Lenovo.

Thank you,

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 213
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme CPU and backlight

Hi nametag! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

First of all, we're very sorry for the late response. Please run the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check for a system update, then install them all. After that, test the laptop again. If the issue persists, it would be best to contact the Lenovo Support and inquire about a complete diagnosis/repair service. You can get the contact details here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6%E2%80%8B (type the serial number of the laptop and choose your country). 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors