cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbah
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,180
Message 1 of 3

X1 Extreme- Could not connect external monitor with USB-C Thunderbolt 3 > HDMI cable

Hello,

I have bought a USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI cable which i would like to connect to my X1 Extreme laptop.

After i updated to the latest BIOS firmware, latest Thunderbolt firmware and Windows 10 (1809) and all other available updates, i still could not detect my LG 65C8 OLED TV which i have connected. It just does nothing when i insert the cable, not even a notification.

For more information about the cable:

https://shop.transmedia-germany.com/verbindungskabel-p-20013356.html

Regards,

Rob

Gg78
What's DOS?
Views: 458
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme- Could not connect external monitor with USB-C Thunderbolt 3 > HDMI cable

Hope some lenovo support people answer this as i habe the same problem 

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 434
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme- Could not connect external monitor with USB-C Thunderbolt 3 > HDMI cable

I am not an expert in USB-C or Thunderbolt technology. I have read many descriptions of how USB-C is implemented and the one piece of knowledge I did come away with is all USB-C cables are not created equal. Hopefully others who have accomplished USB-C to HDMI successfully can tell you the manufacturer of their working cable. Before blaming the USB-C port, I suggest you look into the cable you're using.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors