07-03-2009

AD

521 Signins

5492 Page Views

• Views: 5492
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme Event Viewer "Event 137 Kernel-Power" When Going to Sleep

2019-01-21, 18:48 PM

I have consistently recieved this error "Event 137 Kernel-Power" message in Event Viewer when I place my X1E into sleep via the Fn-4 key method:

"The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance."

I don't notice anything in performance or other adversity but thought the Lenovo firmware engineers should be aware of this event. I am running UEFI Firmware 1.17 and Windows 10 Version 1809.

Options

0 Posts

02-16-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme Event Viewer "Event 137 Kernel-Power" When Going to Sleep

2020-02-16, 16:43 PM

Lenovo should know and maybe also respond to this. A cursory google shows that this problem has existed on many many many models. 

I'm using a Thinkpad X1 running Windows 10 on a INtel Core i7 vPro 8th Gen. 

When this error happens I do encounter a problem though:

Applications are shut down, but randomly. I had 3 Excel workbooks and 3 Word docs open when I closed the lid on my laptop. Returned to a 1 fresh excel workbook open (and the previous ones I had unrecoverable and not showing in the appropriate folders to manually retrieve). Other applications are shut down. Even the chrome session is gone - and also not registering that a it was improperly shut down. 

What's the fix for this?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete