11-08-2012

US

14 Signins

256 Page Views

• Views: 256
  • Message 11 of 12

Re:X1 Extreme Gen 2 - Power/Battery firmware issues

2020-03-12, 4:11 AM

I too am facing this issue. It's pretty reproducible. You can query the ACPI _BST function directly (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.BAT0._BST) and see that it's returning garbage data. I've found that two quick calls to the _BIX function (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.BAT0._BIX) sometimes gets it to provide correct readings again. Seems like some kind of state machine bug or embedded controller memory corruption.

Can somebody from lenovo escalate this to the team responsible for the embedded controller or the acpi implementation and get this fixed please?

Options

8 Posts

09-08-2020

US

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 12 of 12

Re:X1 Extreme Gen 2 - Power/Battery firmware issues

2020-10-12, 23:52 PM

I have the same issue.  This has been going on for months and I disabled the critical battery event so the laptop wouldn't randomly shut down when it sees this error condition.  I still see the battery icon show empty quite often.  I also noticed that if I run a hardware diagnostic on the battery (from the built in tests that you can do before bootup.  It reports an odd error that I haven't been able to find info on (see image below).  I would like more info on the post above by @zx2c4 on how to get the info he described.  I see errors in the Event Log that show changes in the active battery count too.  See screenshot pic.  This error is usually accompanied by a similar error where the count is 1 (instead of 0 as shown in the image.  I have the premium service plan (on-site) - so tempted to try to put that to use.  (And trying to get them to fix the stripped screw in the front center location that holds the bottom cover in place.)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete