Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-17-2018

Canada

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 4

X1 Extreme Gen 2 : Trackpoint freezes - requires reboot !

2020-03-28, 15:34 PM

My trackpoint freezes at least once per day.  The only way to 'unfreeze' it, is to reboot.   The keyboard still functions.   Any ideas ?

I contacted service, and they want me to ship my laptop in.    No mention of where it will go, or what they will do to it.   Anyone have any experience with this problem, and what service would do ?

(Frankly, this will probably be my last lenovo purchase.   The only reason I'm still with them is because I'm addicted to the trackpoint.   But if the doesn't even work properly,... I guess I'll have to wean myself off it.  My last lenovo also had trackpoint issues - very annoying frequent drifting, which eventually made that machine unusable.)

Options

2 Posts

07-27-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:X1 Extreme Gen 2 : Trackpoint freezes - requires reboot !

2020-07-27, 5:12 AM

Did you have any luck solving this problem?  I am experiencing the same issue and it's maddening.  Your story sounds exactly the same as me.  Long time Lenovo customer who depends on the trackpoint.  Last machine I had problems with it.  Chalked it off and purchased a new one.  Now this and far worse.  Unless Lenovo can resolved this, I may be walking away too.  

Options

2 Posts

12-17-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-12-17, 0:56 AM

Hi,  Anyone find a fix for this one yet?  I am having the same problem with the P1 Gen2 (X1 counter part).  I have contacted Lenovo multiple times and they have gone through updating device drivers and the bios twice now, but this has not fixed the problem.  The issue with the trackpoint seems to happen or is most noticeable when I am browsing the internet using Google Chrome. For a while, I thought maybe the trackpoint software was conflicting with Chrome.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  This will probably be my last Lenovo as well.  I have had nothing but problems with this laptop.  Thanks

Options

6 Posts

08-29-2020

United States of America

83 Signins

790 Page Views

• Views: 790
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-01-30, 22:40 PM

Anyone find a fix for this? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? 

X1EG2.

This happens about once a day when I am browsing in Chrome. Don't think it has ever happened in another app or on the desktop. Maybe. Can be cleared by a sleep (Fn - numeral 4) and wake cycle.

My BIOS-EC are old (1.2x) and TP driver is current, I think. Windows ver is as delivered, something from 2019 though unit shipped in September 2020.

(Gradually bringing up to current but these mothers seem so fragile with interacting MS and Lenovo issues so I only apply one or two updates at once and then wait a week looking for problems. This instability is unacceptable and not sure who to be mad at. Everybody, I guess. Well, 80/20 Lenovo/MS.) 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms