12-15-2019

AU

18 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 232 of 910

Re: X1 Extreme Gen 2 missing keystrokes

2020-01-05, 1:04 AM

On Windows almost nothing. On Linux I undervolt and run tlp which tunes a bunch of things.

The only thing I recommend on Windows based on a few days is moving it to "Better Battery" , it runs much less hot which helps as well when you shift to battery mode. I find in default the keyboard gets hot and machine is noisy.

Options

1 Posts

01-05-2020

AU

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 233 of 910

2020-01-05, 5:32 AM

Hi,

I was really excited about buying X1 Extreme Gen 2 becuase it seemed to fit all my requirements, then I found this forum post and a number of others with unresolved issues. Concerned I used the 'chat' with a rep, becuase lets face it, it's a lot of money to pay for a laptop which may very well be useless.

In my chat I asked about this specific issue and was told that it was resolved and had only occured in the the first gen X1 Extreme.  After reading through 20+ pages of Gen2 users I was suprised at this response so mentioned the complaints from the forum. The Rep then corrected the answer to say there was an issue with depression of a key on a keyboard on this machine which is, I was guaranteed was now fixed. Hmm...

While I kind of understand that they don't want to advertise that their product is faulty, if the 'problem' has been solved why are the current users the last to know.   Somehow I don't trust the answser if these posts are anything to go by which is a pity because I rally wanted to buy this computer. 

Options

67 Posts

11-01-2019

FI

157 Signins

1140 Page Views

• Views: 1140
  • Message 234 of 910

2020-01-05, 11:51 AM

@squirrel8

Thanks for sharing your experience. This forum sure is nothing but a joke. Customers are left here to ask questions from each other. We have paid thousands of $ to get in to this waiting room without guidance or information. Soon it's 2 months since some "official" employee here in this topic told he made this problem known for the support. Yet the support have no clue what so ever what is going on or they do not want to confess or someone has told them to say so. No officials taking part on this thread either, only when someone here is taking actions on social media they come right away to shut things down. If someone is monitorin this thread why don't you(Lenovo) won't give us any update on this but to reject the problems existence. It's completely useless and waste of time to call to support and send the unit in to get keyboard swapped and still have the same issues.

When I received my device and the TrackPoint bricked from the firmware update and there was a confusion what to do and no updates or information. I called my local Lenovo support and that guy was working under IBM, he was generous and wrote me a DOA statement because it was less than 2 weeks I got the device and it was bricked by update. I sent the DOA onwards to Lenovo CS and they said it was OK and asked me to arrange a pickup and full refund. Just then on next day or after that I don't remember, they released the firmware update and the TrackPoint was working again so I decided to not return my device despite having the opportunity to have full refund. But I like this laptop and I wan't to have it, I wan't it to work like it should. Isn't that something you should respect on a customer? Something you should work on to keep this kind of customers around? Now we have had this keyboard issue literally for months and we have received only this communist bull**bleep** keeping it quiet and promises that "everything is nice and working order, problems has been fixed in the past generations, we are not aware of this kind of problem, you should call to support". To these employees here on these forums, don't take part saying you have done something you obviously haven't done. At very least you could give us some crumbs of information to share since you are between us and the support who "has not been able to replicate this problem on their testing field" yeah right.. 

Options

25 Posts

12-31-2019

DE

27 Signins

506 Page Views

• Views: 506
  • Message 235 of 910

2020-01-05, 19:50 PM

@okko: What you said are also my points. I decided to never buy Lenovo. You will never get the same kind of **bleep**ty support from Apple. Honestly.  What I am doing now is just writing or commenting everywhere that Lenovo is crap and don't waste your money. I even wrote private messages, no answer. 

Options

25 Posts

11-20-2019

US

87 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 236 of 910

2020-01-05, 20:01 PM

I agree. I am pretty sure they will eventually come up with a solution. However, it is absolutely unacceptable their lack of support, acknoledgement of the problem and the completeabscence of solutions and updates. I never expected this from a 2-3K top of the market laptop. I was never an apple guy, but it is true that this would never had happened with them: a prompt solution or a full refund/replacement would be given to customers. I am extremely disappointed with Lenovo customer service. I always told all my friends lenovo is a top companyto be trusted and their products of the highest standards. I won't anymore and to me the image I have of them is shattered.

Options

25 Posts

12-31-2019

DE

27 Signins

506 Page Views

• Views: 506
  • Message 237 of 910

2020-01-05, 20:07 PM

How a flagship can have so many hardware/design issues:

1. OLED screen problem

2. Missing keystrokes

3. Electrical noise (coil whine)

4. Loud fan when AC is connected

5. Bottom cover problem

And the worst thing is that Lenovo is **bleep**ing silent.

Options

3 Posts

01-04-2020

US

10 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 238 of 910

2020-01-05, 20:34 PM

@Rydeen and all. Here is a video clearly demonstrating the issue, I'm able to reproduce it very easily. I can't imagine it should be much trouble for you guys to reproduce if you have one of the defective models.

https://youtu.be/WsqDufKsEOk

(while typing this the enter key was missed)

Normal typing even without spinning the CPU causes the issue. Just try typing for a few minutes and you'll start to notice missing L's, R's, and H's..

Also, I'm posting this on Reddit, please upvote for visibility:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/ekin47/the_x1_extreme_gen_2_critical_keyboard_flaw_in/

Options

25 Posts

11-20-2019

US

87 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 239 of 910

2020-01-05, 20:44 PM

thank you @salamishrimp for making this more visible to people! As you point out, I annot imagine how Lenovo reps say they are not able to reproduce this...really?

Options

8 Posts

12-05-2019

RU

16 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 240 of 910

2020-01-06, 21:08 PM

By the way, disabling usb selective suspend and setting keyboard repeat delay to the longest setting seems to improve the sitation in my case. Overall, it's still frustrating and unacceptable, that Lenovo ignores such a vital problem on their top of the line notebooks :/ I think that they should identify the bug, fix it, and then send brand new top-specs laptops to all customers just to maintain brand reputation and  user loyalty.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete