11-01-2019

FI

157 Signins

1140 Page Views

• Views: 1140
  • Message 291 of 910

Re: X1 Extreme Gen 2 missing keystrokes

2020-01-20, 19:22 PM

absolutely ridiculous that they arrange a testing enviroment and asks for a volunteers but doesn't even have replacement devices ready for the client. even more disturbing that they won't automatically offer to move the warranty to the new device. obiviously you should be allowed to keep the new one as they splice n dice the one going under testing and obiviously they should offer the old warranty to continue on the new device. lenovo can't afford a few grand to deal with this as they should especially when we are talking about one their most expensive premium devices. literally made me laugh if you Tom now have an issue with the new one but can't call on-site because they wouldn't give you the option to have it from your old laptop... i've never been interested on Apple and most likely never will be but I really do understand the thing on their customer service. 

Options

69 Posts

11-01-2019

FI

157 Signins

1140 Page Views

• Message 292 of 910

2020-01-20, 19:30 PM

Dolby Atmos logo might be only for regional purposes. I have never seen it before and mine doesn't have it either. Mine is like this:

Options

11 Posts

12-05-2019

US

22 Signins

296 Page Views

• Views: 296
  • Message 293 of 910

2020-01-20, 19:37 PM

So I broke down and contacted Lenovo Premier Support to voice my concerns about the handling of this thread, and the littany of performance issues present in my Laptop.    I was firm about my overall dissatisfaction with this Machine, and was thurough about what I had done to test and try to rectify the issue.   I think that the person handling my issue genuinely wanted to help, however it seems that Premier support is only as helpful as I feared.   Rather than simply replace my machine with another to see if it helped with all of the issues I've been experiencing, while waiting for Lenovo's response here, since I am now beyond my 30 day window for replacement.   They must attempt to replace 3 pieces of Hardware before they can escelate the ticket to get that.     I was more than happy  to trade this in for one of the less unreliable models like the P53 which I should have bought in the first place.

The answer to that is unfortunately No,  no matter what Lenovo said in the forums, they cannot do that until they try 3 fixes.   

So their answer is to replace the motherboard straight away.   Unfortunately that will not happen until they get them in stock, and they are back-ordered.    Possibly they know this is a hardware issue, possibly not.   My guess is that this motherboard will be back ordered for months, and what do you know,  then we will be out of warranty.    I am really hoping that this is not the case. 

So my advice:  Contact Support, get them moving on your case,  this is not a software issue,  and replacing the motherboard is no easy fix, so I am assuming that they know that, and wish to avoid as many replacements and refunds that will result from selling a machine they know to be flawed.

I'll keep you all updated as to how this pans out...

Options

0 Posts

01-21-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 294 of 910

2020-01-20, 23:10 PM

Hello,

I have this issue as well, but I also noticed that I have some micro keyboard input latency.

It's less than half of a second (around 200ms) for each key press. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse, but it's really annoying. It's really painful to type. 

Does anyone else have an issue like this?

Options

69 Posts

11-01-2019

FI

157 Signins

1140 Page Views

• Message 295 of 910

2020-01-20, 23:35 PM

yes I too have something like that. typing feels overall very laggy compared for example to the 4th gen Carbon I use also daily. there is a difference like day and night between those two. lately I have countered that when I search messages in Gmail the X1E2 skips the last letter of the search word when the dropdown menu opens to offer a autofill from search history. multiple times I have searched a message including a word "backup" and I write the whole word and as the autofill option opens at the same time there is a millisecond lag spike and the word always comes out a "backu". it should not miss, the "p" key should go to queue and register after the lag spike.

a side note. I always close the lid when I'm done (hibernate) and I reboot maybe a once a week or so. today was a first time when I opened the lid and the laptop was stuck at the red Lenovo logo. the rotating windows marker did not show under the logo altought I waited half a minute. I had to press and hold the power button to shut it off. might not be a big thing at all and maybe completely random and one time only but all those little things get on nerves when they add up to all this mess. 

Options

28 Posts

11-20-2019

US

87 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 296 of 910

2020-01-21, 0:10 AM

today was a first time when I opened the lid and the laptop was stuck at the red Lenovo logo. the rotating windows marker did not show under the logo altought I waited half a minute. I had to press and hold the power button to shut it off.

That has happened to me as well!!!! in the 3 months I have had the machine it has happened twice, and in both I had to hard restart the laptop because it stuck frozen in the red lenovo screen for more than 3 minutes (I waited longer than you but still frozen). Actually now that I remember, the first time it happened, after hard shutting off, the power button remained unreactive for 1 minute that I was hell-scared. Then it started like nothing ever happened...very weird.

I also had once a blue screen out of nowhere (I was watching a youtube video), but that happened only once and who knows what caused it.

Options

0 Posts

01-17-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 297 of 910

2020-01-21, 2:30 AM

I'm glad the new machine is better in terms of keystrokes. But, what are you going to do about the fan noise?

I would be concerned about the fan given it prevents the machine from heating up. It sounds like a hardware problem.

KB

Options

0 Posts

01-17-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 298 of 910

2020-01-21, 2:35 AM

Perhaps your right! I'm from Australia.

But I got my machine late December.

What month did you get your machine?

I believe they changed the keyboard for the December batch of X1.

KB

Options

28 Posts

11-20-2019

US

87 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 299 of 910

2020-01-21, 2:39 AM

Another thing I never mentioned...I remember once in the past when I had this ASUS laptop that the battery got to a point when it had to be constantly plugged to be able to use the computer: the battery was completely dead. Funny things is that little by little I also started noticing missing keystrokes that didn't happen before (at this point the machine was 3 years old), a similar problem as we are dealing with now with the X1/P1 Gen 2s. I was about to give up and buy a new laptop, giving all the problems I was having, but then I bought a new battery to replace the old one and to my surprise, after changing the battery the missing keystroke problem was completely gone! I don't think it has anything to do, especially having in our case an internal battery, but maybe our issue is battery related as well...who knows.

Options

7 Posts

07-08-2019

AU

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 300 of 910

2020-01-21, 7:12 AM

I can't thanks enough on this thread that you all saved me from ruining my money on X1E gen2.

I was planning to get one over MBP but after going through forum, I decided to pull back myself from getting Lenovo laptops (atleast for now). Though I had a very pleasant experience with X1C series. I'm always a big fan of Lenovo laptops. But in recent events, there are too many concerns with QA on their latest releases. I would recommend if no one is listening here better to raise your concerns on Twitter/Facebook as well. Best of luck !!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete