Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-23-2020

Poland

14 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 671 of 926

Re:X1 Extreme Gen 2 missing keystrokes

2020-03-26, 21:10 PM

No, Problem is that crying and shouting out the problem will net help.

Actually, this is not true.

So called crying and shouting led us to where we are now. Problem got acknowledged and is said to be fixed.

Without that we'd be where we started - keyboard problem with X1/P1? Where's that? We don't have any reports so it does not exist. (TM) Lenovo.

Options

93 Posts

07-28-2017

Germany

130 Signins

1420 Page Views

• Views: 1420
  • Message 672 of 926

2020-03-27, 10:51 AM

So what do you Guys expect? I spent over 4000€ and yes, there are some things that should be fixed or optimized. But do you really think problems will be fixed faster if you spam all day in the forum? Now, while Corona/Covid-19 is the main Problem, there will be no manpower or resources for development and fixing. The world will not be the same after Corona.. many many companies wie crash... so again... you think fixing a bug is really that important in such times? Sorry... yes... it sucks... but at the moment there much more important things in the world.

By the way... because you spoke about time for fixing the issue... you really tink Lenovo dont care about this and they want to loose many customers? Iam sure the are doing the best to find the reason for the bug and develop a fix. I guess its not that easy as you think to do that. 

Options

7 Posts

03-23-2020

Poland

14 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 673 of 926

2020-03-27, 14:57 PM

In case you didn't notice, since Lenovo confirmed the problem is going to be fixed the thread is hardly spammed anymore.

Just a hint.

Options

11809 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33080 Signins

1238570 Page Views

• Views: 1238570
  • Message 674 of 926

2020-03-27, 17:05 PM

rewter2 wrote:

(Roman 79 wrote) No, Problem is that crying and shouting out the problem will net help.

Actually, this is not true.

So called crying and shouting led us to where we are now. Problem got acknowledged and is said to be fixed.

Without that we'd be where we started - keyboard problem with X1/P1? Where's that? We don't have any reports so it does not exist. (TM) Lenovo.

@rewter2 I appreciate that you registered in Community shortly after our migration to this platform and that some content was missing from this topic until we were able to insert it again; we took the option to continue with a "gap" in order to enable members to continue posting and accepted that having a "gap" in content was a preferable option to locking everything down. I hope you can agree and you will find a topic on the subject in the Forum Housekeeping board.

The following 4 messages were definitely not messages which belonged to the temporarily missing content;

Message 17
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Extreme-Gen-2-missing-keystrokes/m-p/4569936?page=2#4580971

Message 37

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Extreme-Gen-2-missing-keystrokes/m-p/4569936?page=4#4583716

Message 64
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Extreme-Gen-2-missing-keystrokes/m-p/4569936?page=7#4586467

Message 80
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Extreme-Gen-2-missing-keystrokes/m-p/4569936?page=8#4588479

What you see in those messages is a process of recognition, escalation and steps to investigate / carry out failure analysis for an issue raised by customers in Community. I can assure you that before message 64 was posted the investigation had already begun and that the "crying and shouting" were definitely not responsible for that happening in any way whatsoever. If anything it made it a little more time consuming for engineers to pick out the valuable constructive feedback from amongst the chaff.

And Yes, @Roman79 is correct; it hasn't been an easy journey which is why we are looking forwards to releasing a second EC update in the near future as the first didn't resolve the issue fully which, if nothing else, should be evidence to you and others that Lenovo Engineers have followed the constructive input, input received from other resources. haven't yet claimed the issue to be resolved and that they actually do care.

At All, please continue contributing constructive feedback; that IS what we put value on.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

234 Posts

12-01-2019

Chile

260 Signins

2119 Page Views

• Views: 2119
  • Message 675 of 926

2020-03-27, 20:00 PM

@Andy_Lenovo 

Thank you for the update, and for the explanation.

You must admit, IMO, that several weeks (more than a month) passed in january without a single update from yours. Absolute radio silence on this forum from Lenovo for too much time. That made some of us very angry.

We will still wait for a fix, hopefully in the coming few days or weeks. At this point it is not acceptable more excuses from Lenovo. This is a flashgip, VERY expensive product for a business lineup (for 'work') and this issue is affecting our daily workloads.

As like I said:

• 2 weeks, OK
  • 4 weeks, bad but OK
  • 8 weeks (including radio silence), not OK
  • 20 weeks, 5 months, near half product warranty time - totally unacceptable - and we are at this point

Please fix this.

Thnk you.

Options

57 Posts

01-18-2019

United States of America

89 Signins

800 Page Views

• Views: 800
  • Message 676 of 926

2020-03-28, 1:11 AM

All right, to continue on my last message, I noticed severe input lag today as CPU spiked during a heavy load. I counted approx. 2 seconds delay and saw abrupt "discharge" of letters once the processor caught up with my typing. This went on continuously for half a minute or so (I kept typing so I could observe what's happening). So it cannot be only/simply hardware. There is something that's intercepting input and that thing is in the CPU queue.

As for the rest of the discussion, these many months of delay in finding a solution is really too much. No matter how understanding a person can be.

Options

8 Posts

03-28-2020

Singapore

10 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 677 of 926

2020-03-28, 14:43 PM

I just bought X1E2 this month. The missing keystrokes problem happened the 1st day and repeats everyday. It's really irritating when it happens, especially when it breaks my flow when coding. It certainly affected my productivity and mood of working. I hope Lenovo can fix the problem soon.

Options

19 Posts

02-25-2011

United States of America

25 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 678 of 926

2020-03-28, 16:45 PM

It is ridiculous that this problem is still not fixed yet.  I made an instagram post for my business shutting down due to this COVID-19 and the graphic had TYPOS because the keyboard was missing keys.  I went back and remade it, but how embarrassing and frustrating

Andy,

I've been using this computer for 5 months now and we're still not to the fix.  The last release seemed to help and little on my unit.  "Close" but not there.  Please do not patronize the members on here that "Lenovo is working hard."  Working hard is diagnosing the problem, isolating it, and fixing it within a reasonable timeframe the first time.  I'm almost half through my warranty!

And to be clear for this Roman guy and Andy, there was almost NO response from anyone Lenovo in here for months.

This is what Andy posted back to a member in post #499 who complained of zero updates from Lenovo on here or on phone support:

"Please take some time and read the conversation; you will see that Lenovo has participated in the thread acknowledging the issue and that customers, participants in this conversation, were approached and requested to send their systems in for failure analysis. They have since received a new firmware to evaluate which is currently an ongoing process."

So, based on what you wrote above, Andy, we went from post #80 (I responded to him with a PM with my system data) on 12/01/2019 from Rydeen, to post #133 on 12/10/19 that they were having a hard time duplicating the problem (really??), and then post #143 from Rydeen on 12/12/2019 that they have the systems to analyze and will work ASAP to fix.

Let's fast forward to your post #499 on 2/18/2020.  That was the first time ANYONE from Lenovo had posted on here.  That's 2 months time!!  So for you to lecture us in #499 about Lenovo being engaged and then lecture us again here on page 68 about the same thing is basically insulting.

I've had IBM and Lenovo computers my entire life.  Whatever Lenovo has been doing lately is the wrong direction.  They are pumping out units without actually testing them in the real world.  Just scroll through the forum -- they are littered with posts for various models with multiple users having the same common issues (X1 carbon battery, and X1 carbon sleep issues to name 2).  If Lenovo actually USED the computers, they would have figured this out before mass production and sales to the world.

Whatever.  Joke is on Lenovo.  I just bought 21 Dell computers for my business after this fiasco.

Options

7 Posts

03-23-2020

Poland

14 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 679 of 926

2020-03-28, 17:47 PM

Options

234 Posts

12-01-2019

Chile

260 Signins

2119 Page Views

• Views: 2119
  • Message 680 of 926

2020-03-28, 22:03 PM

@Andy_Lenovo 

Pleas let us know an ETA for the fix. At least if is going to be next month.

Most customers apparently asked for a refund. But most of us couldn't do it. I choose to keep the notebook because I didn't want the notebook to be serviced and had hope in a fix.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms