US

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme Gen2 (20QV) USB-C charging

2019-11-16, 18:56 PM

Hello everyone,,

My Thinkpad (newest Bios 1.25) is connected to a Samsung LC34H892 monitor via USB-C. This works fine, charging works as well but only if I attach the Thinpad before turning it on. The monitor offers only 60 Watt - so charging is not super fast.

But when I reconnect it while turned on, it will not start to charge again (video signal is still working). Charging works again if I turn it off and on again (only reboot will not work).

With a LG 38UC99 monitor charging does not work at all.

I have tried four differen USB-C cables without success (with a Dell XPS 15 both monitors and all cables work in all cases).

Any ideas?

snaptube.cam/ syncnet.onl/telegram-web/ 9apps
Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme Gen2 (20QV) USB-C charging

2019-11-18, 21:57 PM
Hi Devabhai! Welcome to our forums community. As per the TV Manual, the computer should be connected to the TV for USB Power Delivery to work (charge the laptop from the TV)

Connection Using the USB Type-C Cable Check to make sure that the power cables for the monitor and external devices, such as computers and set-top boxes, are not connected to the power outlet. According to the USB Power Delivery 2.0 specification, our product can charge your notebook when you connect it to our product with a USB Type-C cable. ― A maximum charging power of 65 W is supported. Charging speed may vary depending on the notebook connected to our product. ― Because notebooks with a USB Type-C port released on the market are very various, we cannot guarantee that our product can charge all types of notebooks with a USB Type-C port. ― Make sure that the USB Type-C cable complies with the USB PD specification. Otherwise, your devices may be damaged. A Samsung branded cable is recommended.

see page 21

As for the LG 38UC99 monitor, it says on the manual that the attaching it to a USB Type-C wth Power Delivery will power the computer only.

Can you confirm if this is the setup that you have:

see page 22

link: http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile?fileId=XvWs4FuP8iPl9KFBDZ1Gvw

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save