11-21-2019

NO

8 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme Gen2 wifi 802.11n issues.

2019-12-27, 18:35 PM

Hi, I having a lot of trouble getting the wireless wifi card working on my brand new X1 Extreme Gen 2.

The extreme x1 gen 2 has a Intel ax200 wifi card and out of the box with default settings the wifi card restarts continuously both in windows and ubuntu 19.04. When looking in windows events log I can see errors from "Netwtw08" saying that it has encountered an error and the wifi card needs a restart. When this happens the network connection is disconnected and I lose connection for a few seconds before it reconnects to the access point again. This happens both on Ubuntu and Windows.

The windows event log shows errors like "5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)"

To try to fix this I have updated everything I could, windows and drivers.

I have updated everything with Lenovo vantage, windows update, running version 1909 of windows 10, installed the latest drivers from intel website for AX200 wireless card. But still the error continue to appear making the internet connection unusable. The only way to get a stable wifi connection is to disable 802.11n completely in the driver options. This stops the errors in windows event log, and the system log in ubuntu, from showing up.

The problem I have now is that I have terrible wifi performance. connected with 802.11g on 2.4ghz and I just get about 20Mbps from my X1 extreme vs. about 70Mbps on my old Samsung S7 mobile phone, and also about 70Mbps on my old X1 carbon gen4 (which is where my ISP cap me).

So, I dont know why 802.11n just make the wifi card go into endless restarting, and updating the driver to the latest version from intel, and updating everything from lenovo vantage, november update from windows etc. I dont really know what else to configure or update now. Any ideas of what could make 802.11n crashing and any idea of what settings in the driver could be tuned to solve would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Daniel

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme Gen2 wifi 802.11n issues.

2020-01-02, 13:22 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Are you still experiencing the same problem? Did the issue occurs out of the box? Kindly try to use the same bandwith 802.11n and connect your laptop to a different router or hotspot to further isolate the problem. You may also make sure that power saving mode is disabled. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > High Performance.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save