Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laptopuser4
Paper Tape
Views: 509
Message 1 of 9

X1 Extreme - Keybard M key not responsive

Just received y new Lenvo X1 extreme, my "m" key of the keyboard is not really responsive (75% of the tie , it's not responsive). I have to press really hard at the center of the key for it to register. Anyone has issues with your keyboard keys? Any ideas to fix it ?

kyu
What's DOS?
Views: 465
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Extreme - Keybard M key not responsive

I also have a similar issue, although mine is the "=" key.

maksimilian
Paper Tape
Views: 415
Message 3 of 9

Same here, although mine is the spacebar -- just the ride side, which for me is quite important. Super annoying that you spend this much omney on a machine and comes out with little flaws like this.

Did you guys have experience with your trackpad not working properly too? My left click doesn't work on the trackpad anymore Smiley Sad

laptopuser4
Paper Tape
Views: 391
Message 4 of 9

I called tech support and the guy offered a two solutions:

- go to a repair shop for lenovo

- send the computer in for a replacement

I accepted the latter and am playing the replacement lottery for a good machine~

maksimilian
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 5 of 9

Do they at least cover the cost of the first option?

laptopuser4
Paper Tape
Views: 371
Message 6 of 9

Yes, the repair should be from the warranty

AM-S
Punch Card
Views: 333
Message 7 of 9

I'm curious as to what you've found out.  I have a similar keyboard (X240), and have found that sometimes one key or the other can get "hard"--less responsive, requiring more pressure.  I've generally been able to fix this with a blast of canned air.  The combination of the small gap between the bottom of the keytop and the base of the keyboard, combined with the fairly large gap around the key, seems to permit just the sort of detritus to get in that can bollix up the keyboard.  if the gap around the key was smaller, this might not be a problem, but.

I could be wrong--I'm just wondering if a blast under the key might not fix things.

laptopuser4
Paper Tape
Views: 302
Message 8 of 9

I tried that for my M key and it did not working, I even removed the M letter cap and put it back several times. That's why I called tech support, he said repairing it needs the keyboard to be replaced and must dissaemble the whole computer. I only had the laptop for a few days and did not mind getting a replacement instead of waiting for the part + letting a repair guy dissassemble the laptop.

I just received my replacement a few days ago, so far all the keyboard keys are working properly.

AM-S
Punch Card
Views: 269
Message 9 of 9

Glad it's working. It would be interesting to know the actual problem--but we'll likely never know.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors