Options

2 Posts

02-04-2019

US

3 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 4

X1 Extreme Motherboard Failure. Service Failure.

2019-02-04, 18:10 PM

I received my X1 Extreme DUS varient on the 27th of december. Less than two weeks later it was dead. 

I'm a commercial photographer. It blue screened and refused to start in the middle of editing. It wouldn't boot back up. Blue screens would happen moments after it tried to start. Even USB copies of the windows installer would blue screen. By 2am I was at a walmart buying another computer so I could get the photos to my client.

That's fine I thought. This is a lenovo. They'll help me. 

Call after call I had trouble.

We'll have a technician out.

The part is on its way!

wait didn't the last guy tell you there are no motherboards anywhere? 

Don't worry it'll be a couple days. 

Yeah we'll need to escalate you. We don't have parts. We'll have someone contact you in a few days.

Fast forward. This is after several days working with normal tech support. Crystal the Escalation manager at IBM gets ahold of me. By this point it's the 17th. She almost immidiately tells me I need to be escalated again to get a replacement computer and that I would be contacted shortly. 

I check in five days later. I finally hear from crystal on the 22nd. 
This is a copy paste: 
GOOD  MOORNING
I CURRENTLY WAITING FOR AN UPDATE THE CASE HAS NOT BEEN ASSIGNED YET

I'm finally contacted by Marlon the next day. This is mercifully a quick call. ok I need this and this and this. They'll have to order my machine from CDW. It's going to be a QUS variant but everything appears to be the same as the DUS. 

four days later. I get an email from marlon showing they've finally placed the order with CDW. 

I've heard nothing since. We're now into February. It's been more than a week since I've heard from anyone and all attepts to contact marlon have failed. 

I have an extremely expensive paperweight. 

Options

22 Posts

12-25-2018

US

535 Signins

2152 Page Views

• Views: 2152
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Extreme Motherboard Failure. Service Failure.

2019-02-04, 21:37 PM

This won’t help, but less than two weeks later it was dead, I would have sent it back for complete replacement, brand new. Why didn’t you do this ?

Options

2 Posts

02-04-2019

US

3 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-02-04, 22:28 PM

I'm confused why you'd say anything. That really wasn't helpful and It's clear from my first post that a decision to replace the machine entirely happened nearly two weeks ago. 

To replace a machine it seems Lenovo requires two escalations each of which require several days. My represenative took several days to initiate the order for the replacement once it was determined that one was called for and has simply dissapeared on me. 

I found out today from CDW that my replacement machine has been sitting on a shelf at lenovo for four days. Nobody has contacted me. Nobody will respond in a meaningful or productive way. I'm simply stuck. I'm hopeing that someone at lenovo can notify the escalation team that my case manager has gone missing.

Options

7946 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32491 Signins

1199120 Page Views

• Views: 1199120
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-02-06, 14:32 PM

Hello spaceace1014, welcome to the Community,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I found your post in the spam filter where it had somehow landed. I've reached out to Customer Relations with a request that someone contact you soonest.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete