Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ragab101
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 1 of 5

X1 Extreme Nvidia GPU doesn't work

OKay, I got my X1 a month ago and eversince I wasn't able to connect to external any external display through HDMI or USB-C, after researching for a while I came to know that alot of useres has many troubles with this machines specifically troubles with Bios, My machine hasn't got bricked by switching from Hybrid to discrete display mode, However when I do the switch the display gets messed up with flickering lines..totally unusable along with overheating and performance issue, In Hybrid mode device manager always disable The gpu driver, Only after removing the driver and installing it again many times after many restarts, the driver gets working not long until I get a BSOD and the driver is disabled after restart again. 
Does any one have the same issue ? , I'm running on the latest Bios update 1.19, and seems that nothing gets fixed, show I wait for a new Bios update that solve the problem ?, It's a shame to waste that amount of time and money on a High end machine that was expected to perform normally in the least ! 

Ragab101
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Extreme Nvidia GPU doesn't work

Does even anyone from Lenovo support check this forums, what the hell is this ! many faulty machines out there and no one even care to answer !
this is what I can expect of $2000+ machine !?
Wendel
802.11n
Views: 276
Message 3 of 5

Sadly it seems good engineering design has taken a back seat to faster product introduction. If I was a Lenovo employee, I would be embarrassed by the X1E and P1 BIOS problems alone not to mention all the other docking issues. Maybe Huawei has put some secret chips on the motherboards that are causing these technical embarrassments.

Ragab101
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 4 of 5

A really shameful production and support, I used to be a fan of thinkpad as a powerful machine, now my $2800 machine is faulty from day one and no one at support even answered my Issue at forum, mail, or phone, total waste of time and money, I would not spend a penny for lenovo ever again.

thupig
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 5 of 5

Yes, you are right about x1e being a disappointment. There is a good chance to get a faulty unit. Mine was too. Suffering from flickering and random lockup from probably 2 weeks after purchasing. Things got fixed after sending it for warranty service, TWICE! First time, replaced the screen. Second time, replaced mother board. So basically, my machine is a brand new unit except the battery and the case are original. LMAO. But I will still up vote lenovo's depot service. Rather quick, all are done via second day shipping.

My suggestion is: if you really like thinkpad, then send the unit for warraty service and have the motherboard replace. There is a pretty high chance you got a faulty motherboard based on my knowledge, rather than buggy bios. Otherwise, a lot of other guys should have similar issues if it's due to bios.

If you are not that into lenovo/thinkpad any more, return the unit. X1e is definitely some experimental product. Too many issues so far on a high end unit. There are plenty of other good choices out there. 2.8k can buy a good spec mac. Just my 2 cents.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors