cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EDED01
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 1 of 5

X1 Extreme Plugging In/Out Charger Blacks Out Screen.

Plugging in or taking out my charger turns my screen black for a second before it flahes on again. I never really heard of a laptop doing this before so is this normal on the X1E model? Anyone else experience this?

njweb
SCSI Port
Views: 485
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Extreme Plugging In/Out Charger Blacks Out Screen.

@EDED01 wrote:

Plugging in or taking out my charger turns my screen black for a second before it flahes on again. I never really heard of a laptop doing this before so is this normal on the X1E model? Anyone else experience this?

Think this is normal when it is adjusting graphics settings (brightness etc.); noticed this too, but since it is literally just for one second it doesn't bother me.

Wouldn't worry about it at all... 

jfong111
Punch Card
Views: 438
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I'm having exactly the same issue here. It is rather annoying. It doesn't make any sense that just plugging in power or disconnecting power would cause the laptop to "stutter" for a second or two. I don't recall using a laptop that did that without someway of disabling it. Now if anyone has any suggestion on how to disable this behavior, I'm all ears.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 418
Message 4 of 5

Many do this.  It's normal.  If I understand the described symptoms correctly it's like this:

The AC and battery power plans are set for different monitor refresh rates - perphas as a power-saving measure when on battery.  The monitor takes a moment to adjust to the changed rate, and blanks while that is going on.  It can happen for even the smallest changes: 59Hz vs 60Hz.

If it's really a bother, go to the advanced section of the power plans and set them to the same rate.

(If I'm reading this correctly... What I described will cause the "symptom" but may not be what you're seeing.)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

EDED01
Paper Tape
Views: 416
Message 5 of 5

I'll try adjusting my settings to see if that works.

EDIT: I don't see the option to change the refresh rate on the advance power settings. What is that under exacly?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors