Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natyconnor
Punch Card
Views: 590
Message 1 of 3

X1 Extreme Sleep with power button doesn't work

As I've detailed in my post here, I'm having trouble with closing my laptop and the sleep/suspend not working correctly. I wanted to try and use the power button to put it to sleep to see if that works consistently, but when I go to the power button settings, it doesn't seem to work.

I go to Power & sleep settings -> Additional power settings (goes to control panel) -> Choose what the power buttons do and no matter what the setting is, pressing the power button doesn't do anything. I've tried setting it to "nothing", and then back to sleep, or shut down or hibernate, and none of them work. I'm guessing Lenovo has overriden the setting somehow? Anyone can help me with this?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 497
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme Sleep with power button doesn't work

Hi,

Welcome to community forums.

The power button needs to be pressed and held for about 2 seconds to trigger whatever the power action you have set it to. If it does not respond then there could be and issue with the power settings or it can also occur if the Display driver is not compatible.

Since you have checked the power settings then we suggest reinstalling the display driver. You may follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + X then select power options

2. Expand display adapters

3. Uninstall Intel/AMD/NVIDIA

- Put a check on delete software drivers if prompted

4. Restart the computer

5. Go to https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 then download the updated drivers

Let us know how it goes. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

natyconnor
Punch Card
Views: 455
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme Sleep with power button doesn't work

Thanks, holding the button did the trick. A little odd that you have to do that, but no biggie.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors