12-18-2018

US

11 Signins

222 Page Views

• Views: 222
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: X1 Extreme Thunderbolt Dock BSOD

2019-02-21, 19:03 PM

Bumping this. OP did you end up getting this resolved?

This has nothing to do with the dock itself its a software/firmware issue with the x1 extreme. Multiple docks have issues, I have yet to see anyone say that they have succesfully used a dock to output dual 4k monitors @ 60 hertz from a 1 cable soluton to the laptop while it being charged.

There are countless threads on these forums, and on reddit about it.

Options

9 Posts

10-18-2018

US

29 Signins

213 Page Views

• Views: 213
  • Message 12 of 16

2019-02-21, 21:36 PM

No. I have been hoping the various revisions of firmware, bios, etc. would fix it but it has not.

I agree its a major issue. The whole point of thunderbolt is to be able to do it all over one cable which is acheived on various other devices, but sadly not this one (thus far).

One thing that has not been updated in some time and lags far behind the actual current version is the thunderbolt softare itself - but we cannot install an updated version without Lenovo releasing it through their driver site as Intel pushes it through the manufactures (I suspect due to differences in hardware because of the charging capability).

I really do wish they would fix this but for now I guess I have to deal with the inconvinence of 2 cables... but more over it means i have to unplug and plug in my power supply each time I dock vs just leaving it in my bag for travel purposes. It sort of ruins all the intended convinence - which is dissappointing after spending on a top of the line laptop and then after the manufacturers thunderbolt dock didnt work caughing up $300 on the BEST reviewed thunderbolt dock on the market... and the whole convience and intended desktop / portable solution is ruined.

Please give this some more attention Lenovo!

Options

64 Posts

08-14-2018

CN

107 Signins

530 Page Views

• Views: 530
  • Message 13 of 16

2019-02-22, 4:42 AM

Dear Customer, 

We are sorry about the trouble to you.I thought your problem was solved after upgrading the recommended Nvida drivers....

1. Could you let me know which Dock do you used ? Part Number starting with 40AC or 40AN ?
  2. With your latest configurations, What is the remaining issue that you still encountering ? 

-BSOD ? 

-All connected Device lost (LAN,USB,Diaplay) except charging to system ?

some question may asked before, since long time from our last conversation, i must make sure what's the latest symptom you are facing,thank you for your patience in advace.

Sincerely yours.

Options

64 Posts

08-14-2018

CN

107 Signins

530 Page Views

• Views: 530
  • Message 14 of 16

2019-02-22, 4:59 AM

Dear Customer,

"the 1 cable solution" , i think you mean below dock:

ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 WorkStation Dock (40AN) - 230W .

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/PD500252

Yes, it's top recommended dock for X1 Extreme which required more power. 

Sincerely yours.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

10-18-2018

US

29 Signins

213 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2019-02-22, 15:41 PM

Tried to buy it when i bought my laptop and it wasnt available. So i bought the Lenovo Thunderbolt dock. When it did not work I bought ANOTHER thunderbolt dock which was top rated. I posted on here. Now I am well beyond the return window for that other thunderbolt dock - which was linked on the product page at that time.

The dock, and solution should have been made available or AT LEAST THE INFORMATION that that specific hardware was needed when the laptop was put out.  Now that money is just wasted. Clearly even lenovo did not know the solution then as I posted on here and noone told me that then.

What a waste. This is NOT a good reason for me to buy MORE products form you guys.

Options

9 Posts

10-18-2018

US

29 Signins

213 Page Views

• Message 16 of 16

2019-07-10, 22:26 PM

Just an update.  Sunnyyi Reached out to me and I worked with him and have tried and can confirm that the TB 3 Workstation dock mentioned in his post does work correctly.

I think it's a learning opportunity for Lenovo in regards to making sure they roll that out or at least infomration that the dock exists and is the only thing that will be compatible when the laptop itself is released.  On the bright side they eventually made it right, so kudos to support, but I hope that they will learn to roll the information out better when rolling the product out.

Thank you Sunyyi for getting me set up! I appreicate all your help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete