Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X1fan
Not applicable
Views: 294
Message 11 of 18

Re: X1 Extreme TrackPad stops working while using Lenovo Vantage

Update! I've played around the the callibration and the pinkish hue is now gone.

Only issues remaining are trackpad freezing while hitting 98% while running Lenovo Vantage "Check for updates" and some USB devices not working properly.

I think both could be to do with that very strange "Padme" thing...

Henrydong
Not applicable
Views: 291
Message 12 of 18

well done! good to know the progress. 

Now - do you mind take s screen shot about the "padme 1.33"?

By the way, Padme is just  another name of X1 Extreme. 

X1fan
Not applicable
Views: 284
Message 13 of 18

Thanks so much! none of the tech people I spoke to on the phone knew padme referred to the machine, they all thought it sounded suspicious. A video of what happens everytime I restart and it tries to install this firmware update can be seen at http://youtu.be/sFfwv-IL8LI

Thanks agin so much for your help!

AnywayIMG_6051.JPG

X1fan
Not applicable
Views: 271
Message 14 of 18

Any suggestions about getting that Padme firmware update to work? If it did I think all the problems would be solved and I won't need to wait for the backordered motherboard replacement...

Henrydong
Not applicable
Views: 265
Message 15 of 18

I have recreated the problem on my X1 Extreme, it looks like the problem occurs after Trackpoint firmware updated, which rolled out on Nov 6th unfortunately. So far Vantage seems like the only one could cause trackpoint and trackpad hang. 

Please avoid to use Vantage for now, this will be fixed with priority - I apologize for the inconvinience. 

BTW, I believe replacing a new system board doesn't look like the right fix. 

X1fan
Not applicable
Views: 261
Message 16 of 18

Thanks so much!

So this hang attempting to install that firmware update here Video of Padme update hang

is caused by that Nov 6th update and will be fixed in time?

Therefore best option for me is to just keep using it as normal and wait for software fix rather than seek to replace motherboard and send it in for repair?

Thanks again so much. If software will fix that hang above and the trackpad issues then I'm happy to  wait it out.

Henrydong
Not applicable
Views: 220
Message 17 of 18

Honestly, I don't really understand the yellow mark on System Firemware - it doesn't look like a reason caused trackpad freeze issue though. You may be able to fix it by Uninstall device, then reboot. 

And your video somehow looks like windows update(not quite sure), does the message appear every time when you reboot the computer? If yes, that will be a problem - you may need a new image.

I recommend to wait for the software fix, it won't take long. 

X1fan
Not applicable
Views: 217
Message 18 of 18

Yes, every time. I completly restored using a new image on a USB and the same problem was present. It tries to install that Padme firmware and fails to boot, then on the second attempt boots without installing the firmware. I uninstall the firmware in Device manager but it just returns and tries the update again. It's a tricky one. You're right it may not be related to the trackpad issue. Seems to be a real problem though...

Thanks again for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors