10-31-2018

US

9 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme for Music Production

2018-10-31, 3:56 AM

Does anyone have success in using the X1 Extreme for music production? Any issues with latency, crackles, pops on the audio side? I am planning using my old DAC and Cubase and maybe Ableton. Any insight is appreciated!

Options

88 Posts

09-24-2016

CL

208 Signins

1921 Page Views

• Views: 1921
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme for Music Production

2018-11-01, 4:33 AM

I can't tell you anything about the X1 specifically, but I was making music with DAWs like 15 years ago, on Pentium III and IVs, back when you had to manually configure IRQs and such, and I could play more tracks than you could shake a stick at while recording various new parts. On anything made today, you will have no hardware problems. 

If you do have issues, they'll inevitably be OS-related. Windows 10 is like a dragon that the user can simply never tame -- it's always doing things behind your back, be it updating, analyzing your actions and reporting them to MS ("telemetry"), system tasks, etc. The ideal OS for DAW work would be Linux with a realtime kernel, except for the severe shortage of DAWs. So if I were you, I'd try to install Windows 7, which is much less "independent minded" than Win 10.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete