11-11-2019

US

9 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme gen 2: Windows hello camera often fails

2019-11-11, 12:51 PM

I recently received my X1 Extreme gen 2 and have had a few problems such as the battery reporting a low battery warning or a wrong % after sleep/hibernate, the keyboard missing keystrokes (which I found a work around for by disabling USB selective suspend in the windows power plan), and unmuting sound or getting a notification causing the sound to jump to much higher volume for a second (this very noticeable when the windows system volume is low <30%).

But I have now encountered another issue which has no workaround or fix that I've found: Windows hello face sign-in often fails regardless of recalibatrion/reregistering in different lighting conditions. It seems the webcam takes a long, long time to adjust brightness which is visible when registering for windows hello. This makes it impossible in situations where you don't have very bright/uniform lighting to sign in using the IR camera, which means I have to fallback to pin/fingerprint sign-in. I have no such issues with my surface book 2 or my desktop windows hello webcam.

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme gen 2: Windows hello camera often fails

2019-12-23, 16:45 PM

Hi Peterpanman!

When did this problem start? Were there any recent changes or any updates installed before the issue arise? Could you provide us with the system information by typing msinfo on the search box? Try running the update through the Vantage app and install all available updates then install pending Windows updates if there are. Check if the issue is the same.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete