Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtarplyer
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 1 of 2

X1 Extreme memory compatibility list

Hi,

I wanted to replace my 16GB stick with 2 new 16GB sticks for a total of 32 GB.

I bought a DDR 4,  2666MHz, 260 pin set from an online store.   I installed it, reboot, nothing.  Won't even get to the LENOVO welcome screen.  I removed and reinstalled the sticks a few times to make sure they were correct. Still no luck.    

Is there a list of compatible memory models from the well known vendors (Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, etc) that have been proven to work with the X1 Extreme?  I'm not sure why these didn't work. They were ECC modules. What came with the X1 Extreme I think were non-ECC, but I don't think that is the problem. Not sure what it could be.  

Could people let me know what memory sticks (Make & Model number) they've used with the X1 Extreme? Thank you !

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 154
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Extreme memory compatibility list

The ThinkPad P1 accepts ECC RAM, but I am pretty sure that the ThinkPad X1 Extreme is not compatible with ECC memory.     As far as manufacturer, it shipped with Hynix, Samsung, Micron (Crucial) and Ramaxel SODIMMs, so there are many 2666MHz DDR4 choices out there, but stay away from the "Value" RAM because it is usually of inferior quality.

Cheers,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors