Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natyconnor
Punch Card
Views: 376
Message 1 of 3

X1 Extreme slow to wake from sleep

This is just a small thing, but my X1 Extreme feels like it takes awfully long to wake from sleep. Opening the lid of my laptop, I expect it to be ready to go immediately, especially with a supposedly excellent SSD. But the screen stays black for a second or two, then the power button flashes, a few more seconds go by, the screen finally turns on, a few more seconds and Windows Hello decides to activate, the mouse finally starts to respond, and then I'm finally in. Just feels awfully janky for a performance device. Anyone experience this or have any fixes?

natyconnor
Punch Card
Views: 300
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme slow to wake from sleep

After sending my laptop in for my other issue (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Extreme-freezes-when-closing-laptop/m-p/43...) it seems a little better. At least Windows Hello activates almost instantly after waking. But it still takes several seconds for the actual monitor to turn on. Do other people not have this issue? Or are people just really accepting of this being so slow?
eighty_three
What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme slow to wake from sleep

This is slow for me as well.  Should be immediate with a pcie 1TB ssd, 32gb of ram, etc.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors