cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgeTesla
Paper Tape
Views: 413
Message 1 of 3

X1 Extreme speaker issue (second problem with my laptop)

I am starting to think I got the wrong laptop and I spent too much money on a device that is not well built. I had a screen problem first, but it was addressed by Lenovo's technical team and they are changing the screen for warranty, which are good news. But now I am experiencing a sound problem in my left speaker, the one on the audio jack side, when I am having a videoconference, the voice sound provoques a burnt sound, like the speaker is deffective and it turns to be annoying. 

When I listen to music, it produces the sound at 70% volume level, but is not that notorious with the video calls, and it is mostly with songs with vocals, for instrumental or just beats is not noticeable. Any similar problems? Any fixes? I have updated the audio drivers and I've noticed the sound got more loud when I have updated the realtek drivers. 

I am quite dissapointed, is the first Thinkpad I have issues with, and it is the most expensive one I have so far. 

BMCowboy
802.11n
Views: 343
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme speaker issue (second problem with my laptop)

Hi,

Sounds like hardware issue again but not software or driver. Together will previous screen replacement, better call for warranty support and claim for a DOA replacement for the whole machine.

"May the Force be with Lenovo"
RSCL
Paper Tape
Views: 58
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme speaker issue (second problem with my laptop)

Have you managed to fix your speakers issue? I am experiencing something similar.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors