Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zoran5555
Punch Card
Views: 779
Message 1 of 3

X1 Extreme - tent/tablet mode and the pen

Wondering if the X1 Extreme folds over into tent or tablet mode. The photos I see of it show only it opening up flat. I don't think it folds over into tent mode or tablet mode like a Yoga.

Which leads me another question. The 4K screen is touch enabled and I see a photo with a lenovo pen being used to write on the screen. Does it come with the pen or need to buy that seperately? Also, how practical is it to use the pen when the screen is upright? Seems unnatural to write on an upright surface.

Is the screen sturdy? I believe it is. I've seen a yoga (don't know the model) where the screen was a bit wobbly and sensitive to moving, probably because the hinge is designed to fold into tablet mode.

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 691
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme - tent/tablet mode and the pen

@Zoran5555 wrote:

Wondering if the X1 Extreme folds over into tent or tablet mode. The photos I see of it show only it opening up flat. I don't think it folds over into tent mode or tablet mode like a Yoga.

Which leads me another question. The 4K screen is touch enabled and I see a photo with a lenovo pen being used to write on the screen. Does it come with the pen or need to buy that seperately? Also, how practical is it to use the pen when the screen is upright? Seems unnatural to write on an upright surface.

Is the screen sturdy? I believe it is. I've seen a yoga (don't know the model) where the screen was a bit wobbly and sensitive to moving, probably because the hinge is designed to fold into tablet mode.

Looking at the specs/pics on the web page for it on Lenovo.com I see nothing that indicates it would work in tent/tablet mode. The hinge looks like it would be physically impossible.

The web page also says "add a stylus"

archon810
HDMI
Views: 636
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Extreme - tent/tablet mode and the pen

Sorry to disappoint, but it only does 180 degrees, just like my T570.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors