10-11-2016

US

66 Signins

459 Page Views

• Views: 459
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Gen6 / TB3 Dock / Screens Randomly Go Black and Then Come Back

2018-08-23, 11:24 AM

We are in the process of rollowing out 1600+ X1 Carbon Gen 6 Units with the Thunderbolt 3 Docks.   We've seen an issue reported by about 30+ users now where they will be working and the screens suddenly just go black and then come back 2-3 seconds later.  The power indicator never changes on the monitor.    Mostly dual monitor setups, and usually happens to both monitors at the same time (Some reports have only been 1 of the 2).   Monitors connected via DisplayPort cable to the Thunderbolt 3 Dock.  Does not appear to be specific to monitor models (we've had it happen LT2452p monitors, P24 monitors, etc.).  Machines are all running 1.25 Firmware, and the TB3 dock running the latest firmware.  Machines are running latest drivers as well.   Sometimes swapping the dock makes the problem go away, sometimes rebooting the machine makes the problem go away (until it comes back), sometimes swapping the thunderbolt cable makes the problem go away.   It's very bizzarre.

Has anyone else seen this?  We've sent our docks, cables, and 2 X1 G6 units to Lenovo and they are telling us they can't reproduce this.

Options

23 Posts

10-11-2016

US

66 Signins

459 Page Views

• Views: 459
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Gen6 / TB3 Dock / Screens Randomly Go Black and Then Come Back

2018-08-24, 19:29 PM

Found this forum post where some folks have the same issue.   If you do have the Screen Flickering issue on X1G6 w/TB3 dock can you just reply to this post?  I'm trying to build up support to show Lenovo this is a wide-spread issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X1-Carbon-Gen6-and-issues-with-Thunderbolt-3-dock/td-p/4144364

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms