Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alcornc
What's DOS?
Views: 228
Message 1 of 5

X1 Generation 6 Front Internal Camera Stopped Working

Hello,

The front internal Camera my Lenovo X1 stopped working 3 weeks ago.

When I open the camera app it says the camera is not detected. I cannot find anything related to the camera in my device manager. In the control panel I have it set so my camera is not using any privacy settings and I use norton Anti-virus and they claim to not interfere with the camera. 

I reinstalled the drivers from the Lenovo website and they still dont work. Can someone please help? Although I have a registered warranty with Lenovo I am not successful in getting intouch with their online customer support, so I am on this forum. 

Thank you. 

dindzi
Punch Card
Views: 137
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Generation 6 Front Internal Camera Stopped Working

My camera isn't working, either. I've had my X1 Carbon 6 for four days only. The camera is visible in the device manager but neither the Camera Applicatin nor Skype can see it. I've checked under Ubuntu. The Cheese application doesn't see the camera.

What do I do?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 132
Message 3 of 5

Hi dindzi, What does "[can't] see it" mean? Is there a error message? What do you see?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
dindzi
Punch Card
Views: 129
Message 4 of 5

The Windows Camera application displays a blank screen without any error message. Skype displays a red exclamation mark and a prompt for more information (a Skype' s support website). 

The LED next to the camera on the bezel turns on when I run these programmes, the camera is visible in the Device Manager.

dindzi
Punch Card
Views: 66
Message 5 of 5

The technician came, replaced the camera and it is working.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors