Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riomargroup
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 1 of 2

X1 Plastic Clip

I have a 1st Gen X1 (1291 26U)  that wasn't powering on. I was able to trace the problem. There is a plastic clip that holds the power-button-board ribbon to the motherboard. This clip can be seen as #4 on Page 76 of the X1 Hardware Maintenence Manual. This clip broke and is not properly holding the ribbon in place. There is no FRU for this clip and photos I've seen of the motherboard do not include the clip.

Is it possible to find a replacement for this or is an otherwise perfectly great machine rendered useless because of a 10-cent piece of plastic?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 89
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Plastic Clip

If you are talking about the part I think you are talking about, the hold-down clip is attached to the connector while the pieces are hot during assembly.  I have tried moving those parts from "organ donor" boards that are otherwise broken and I have never been successful without breaking the little pins.  I have had better success replacing the entire connector, but I have a temperature-controlled rework station and an under-board preheater.  I have never seen those parts available separately, but you might look at Mouser.com or digikey.com

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors