Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
Message 11 of 22 (1,370 Views)

Re: X1 Thinkpad Yoga 2nd GEN- Netflix issues

After having to reset Windows because some totally unrelated issue, I find myself with this same issue. So I can confirm is definitely software related.

Strange thing is I believe I'm using the same settings as before... **bleep**.

If I helped you, please give me some kudos! ^^

Paper Tape
Message 12 of 22 (1,359 Views)

I agree, I thought my fix worked, but it did not . 

802.11n
Message 13 of 22 (1,340 Views)

I also find it has issues with Excel colors, somehow. And even some other Windows Store apps. Definitely some software issue...

Highlighted
802.11n
Message 14 of 22 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]

I found the culprit. At least in my case, of course: Lenovo's ChromaTunePackage

I got tired of the color flickering issues with Netflix, Excel, Visual Studio and some random issues with icons. So I performed a reset on Windows and went step by step testing and trying. THREE TIMES to be sure.

Everything works great. Until you accept to install the package suggested by Lenovo Settings. Once you install the package, everything goes to hell. And it doesn't have a friendly way to remove it, at least I didn't find any. You'd need to return to a previous restore point or just reset the whole system. The *bleep* bloatware will continue insisting on messing... sorry, "updating" your installation each time you open it. But as long as you don't get distracted and keep saying "no", everything works fine.

ChromaTunePackage.png

PS: Touchpad update messes with CPU usage. Chroma update messes with video. Hey, you don't have an idea of how much I'm looking forward to install any other update from Lenovo...

PD: Some other company would probably say thanks for finding the bug. But I expect this message to be ignored, edited or deleted.

Moderator note: message rescued from automated spam filter.

802.11n
Message 15 of 22 (1,317 Views)

LOL.

I find the culprit. But my message got deleted because it's Lenovo's fault.

What a bunch of crap.

Community SuperMod
Message 16 of 22 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]

Good find CharlyAR! zoltanthegypsy rescued your post from the automatic spam filter (thank goodness we have that - we get a lot of spam).

The TouchPad CPU usage problem also now appears to be solved with the latest Synaptics updates (on my machine it has been fixed from 19.3.4.94 and onward - but I first had to uninstall the old driver before installing the new one to fix the CPU usage).

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
Message 17 of 22 (1,291 Views)

MLB.TV and Xfinity TV video viewing isn't good. I get flickering on those sites. I have an old Toshiba that is running Windows 10. No video problems on that device or any of my Apple devices.
802.11n
Message 18 of 22 (1,274 Views)

There is a C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\Lenovo Display Optimizer\ChromaTune.exe process running in the background. I haven't tried to just kill that process and see if that fixes the flickering. I won't be reinstalling my computer again, so somebody who still has the issue can try and post the result. 

802.11n
Message 19 of 22 (1,269 Views)

bananaman wrote:

Good find CharlyAR! zoltanthegypsy rescued your post from the automatic spam filter (thank goodness we have that - we get a lot of spam).

One thing to notice: Default ChromaTune doesn't work. Atl all. The color settings doesn't have any effect no matter what you choose... Unless you install the update, that is. So you have to pick either the ability to change the color or to watch Netflix; can't do both. LOL

What's DOS?
Message 20 of 22 (1,206 Views)

I have the same problem with the x1 yoga 2nd gen but only on the highest resolution. when i change the resolution to 1920, i have no more troubles.

next to the netflix problem i have a refresh problem also on the highest resolution in the webbrowser chrome. Sometimes the screen turns black for a while and comes back after a while.

any help is welcome.

thx

Top kudoed Authors