Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,531
Message 1 of 12

X1 YOGA WWAN not working EM7455

Hi there,

i just got my brand new X1 Yoga. Unfortunately my WWAN doesnt work. Drivers are up to date. The SIM Card is active. Anyone experiencing problems with mobile broadband? It is pretty strange. Sometimes it looks like it doesn't find any carrier, soemtimes it says no connection possible..

Anyone any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,511
Message 2 of 12

Re: X1 YOGA WWAN not working EM7455

Hello

em7455 is a newest modem in the Lenovo laptops, and you are, probably, the 1st person in the forum who reports about this device. So, please, be patience if you'll not get helpful advice from the device (modem) real owner.

Firstly, what's the OS running? Win10? How did you install drivers? By default, using exe package from the support site, w/out parameters entered? What's your cellular operator?

My questions are related the cusom modem settings for particular operator.

As I have understood, you see cellular operator item in the OS network settings, modem is able to establish internet connection, but sometimes it disappears.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,500
Message 3 of 12

Hi

thanks for your help in advance.

Win10,
original driver Package & Exe file from the homepage after clean recovery.
It doesnt connect to the T-Mobile Network (german)
The logo appeared sometimes, but mostly not.

APN settings etc. don't change anything.

josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,495
Message 4 of 12

It alsways looks like that....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,477
Message 5 of 12

What is the APN settings (under Erweiterte Optionen button, I hope)? Is it the same your operator's sim card/contract needs?

There isn't custom image for your operator, Telecom, in the modem package. So, generic image should be selected to load as the default image, definitely, differs.

Navigate the folder where installation package is extracted and saved to during the 1st stage of the driver installation process. Usually, for Lenovo ThinkPads, it looks like c:\drivers\win...
Again, it's not a folder where the drivers and applications are installed to (\ProgramFiles\...), but just extracted. There should be the folders with names == digits 0, 1, 2, 3... Is there a folder with name == 6?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

wesmain_new
Punch Card
Views: 1,461
Message 6 of 12

Did you configure your APN settings?  For T-Mobile USA, for instance, I had to set my APN to "fast.t-mobile.com". 

josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,447
Message 7 of 12

Yes I did configure the right settings.
Guess what...

I took my X1 to work this morning - it works now. I didnt`t change anything. First it showed HSDPA Network, then LTE.
Network Coverage is good in both locations.

josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,445
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

its:

APN:internet.telekom

User: tm
PW:tm

I took my X1 to work this morning - it works now. I didnt`t change anything. First it showed HSDPA Network, then LTE.  Network Coverage is good in both locations.

The only thing that ist differen't: I use a onelink+ at work...

josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,439
Message 9 of 12

Hey,

there is a folder 6....
But it installed the ATT Firmware on my sierra.
Probably a LTE Band is deactivated?

josefhai
Punch Card
Views: 1,437
Message 10 of 12

I think the installer installed the ATT Firmware Version on my Sierra....
Can anyone confirm?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors