Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
x1_yoga
Punch Card
Views: 325
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 1st Gen: No automatic BIOS update to 1.35

Hi.

My X1 Yoga 1st Gen has BIOS version 1.33 (according to Lenovo Vantage). Lenovo Vantage, System Update or Automatic Driver Update on the Lenovo website don't find any new updates. However, I can see on the website that a version 1.35 is available and I could download it manually.

Why doesn't it get installed automatically? Is there a reason not to update to 1.35 at all?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 318
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 1st Gen: No automatic BIOS update to 1.35

X1 Yoga gen1' updates catalog for Lenovo SU or Vantage apps still includes previous BIOS entry (n1fuj26w) by unknown reason. That causes you aren't able to update the BIOS using those apps.

I'd recommend to perform the BIOS update manually, not from the update shells. For higher relliability you might even do that from external media with EFI Shell. Read the manual (readme file).

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors