Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoonerLater
Serial Port
Views: 494
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga (1st Gen) - Plastic Film On Touchscreen

I own a Thinkpad X1 Yoga (1st Gen) (model 20FQCTO1WW). Despite that I have owned it for 18 months, I have a stupid question

Is the plastic film that overlays the touchscreen just something protective that can / should be removed? Or - since this is a touchscreen - is it integral to the operation of the display (so peeling it off would damage the display)? 

On mine it is trimmed right to the black plastic bezel with greater precision than any temp / throw-away protective film that I have ever seen before, wihch makes me think that maybe it's supposed to be permanant. However, mine is also slowing turning milky / opaque. If I don't need it, I'd like to remove it. But, of course, I don't want to damage my $2k computer. I've trie to research this, but can't find anything on it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 492
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga (1st Gen) - Plastic Film On Touchscreen

The film is for temporary protection,, but keeping it doesn't hurt anything as long as the screen has enough sensitivity.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 477
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I know you have a x1 yoga and not a x1 carbon but look at post from the knowledge base.  I dont think you are supposed to remove it.  I dont like the "protector" either since it makes screen look milky.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Protective-film-layer-on-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-T...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 470
Message 4 of 4

I take them off, but I probably pick at scabs also.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors