cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc_levitt
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 1st Gen (Type 20FQ, 20FR) HDMI and laptop screen do not display after screen goes blank

Having an issue with my X1 Yoga  running Win10 64-bit and all firmware & drivers are up to date.

I often plug in an HDMI screen to my machine and when I do and step away for a few mins the screen goes blank to save power etc. When I return and click the mouse or hit a key the backlight on the laptop comes back on but no image is displayed on either the laptop nor the HDMI monitor. If I unplug the HDMI cable then the laptop screen comes back perfectly and then I can plug the HDMI back in and get the image back on my larger monitor.

This seems much different issue then the "blank screen" I read up on and appears to be a detecting from sleep state issue in the driver etc. Anyone else have this? Any fixes for this as I'm plugging the HDMI in/out/in 5 times a day or more... This never occured in the past so appears to be an update issue.

marc_levitt
Paper Tape
Views: 516
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 1st Gen (Type 20FQ, 20FR) HDMI and laptop screen do not display after screen goes blank

Updated the Graphics 520 driver via device manager to 21.20.16.4678 of 5/17/17 which is different than what you get from Lenovo updates and it appears to be back to normal so far. It did require a reboot but this was just an update, no need to uninstall and reinstall.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors