Options

2 Posts

07-09-2017

US

6 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 1st Gen (Type 20FQ, 20FR) HDMI and laptop screen do not display after screen goes blank

2017-07-09, 21:13 PM

Having an issue with my X1 Yoga  running Win10 64-bit and all firmware & drivers are up to date.

I often plug in an HDMI screen to my machine and when I do and step away for a few mins the screen goes blank to save power etc. When I return and click the mouse or hit a key the backlight on the laptop comes back on but no image is displayed on either the laptop nor the HDMI monitor. If I unplug the HDMI cable then the laptop screen comes back perfectly and then I can plug the HDMI back in and get the image back on my larger monitor.

This seems much different issue then the "blank screen" I read up on and appears to be a detecting from sleep state issue in the driver etc. Anyone else have this? Any fixes for this as I'm plugging the HDMI in/out/in 5 times a day or more... This never occured in the past so appears to be an update issue.

Options

2 Posts

07-09-2017

US

6 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 1st Gen (Type 20FQ, 20FR) HDMI and laptop screen do not display after screen goes blank

2017-07-13, 14:35 PM

Updated the Graphics 520 driver via device manager to 21.20.16.4678 of 5/17/17 which is different than what you get from Lenovo updates and it appears to be back to normal so far. It did require a reboot but this was just an update, no need to uninstall and reinstall.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save