Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_e_e
Punch Card
Views: 1,481
Message 1 of 11

X1 Yoga 1st gen BIOS 1.25 problem

I am having a major problem after upgrading BIOS on my ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st gen to the latest version 1.25.  I often connect the ThinkPad to OneLink+ dock before booting.  However, with BIOS 1.25 when connected to the OneLink+ the machine completely freezes  at "Press Enter to interrupt....".

I had to revert back to BIOS 1.24, because this behaviour is very annoying.  The machine cannot nicely survive docking and un-docking while running (it becomes extremely laggy, which is a big issue on its own), so I actually have to reboot every time I re-dock, and with BIOS 1.25 this is just impossible.

Please, Lenovo make sure to fix this quickly and release BIOS 1.26 that actually works in all intended situations.

Best regards,

Karol (joe_e_e)

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,412
Message 2 of 11

Re: X1 Yoga 1st gen BIOS 1.25 problem

Dear Karol,

I had tried to duplucate the symptom with "X1 Yoga 1st gen + Win10 Creators Update + BIOS v1.25" and OneLink+ dock, but I couldn't duplicate the symptom yet. In order to duplicate the symptom, can you provide more detail system information such as OS version, any devices attached to OneLink+ dock ?

thank you,

joe_e_e
Punch Card
Views: 1,388
Message 3 of 11

Hello Rydeen,

I am running Windows 10 version 1703, build 15063.332 with all the latest Windows and Lenovo updates.  But the BIOS boot process does not even come to the OS boot part.  It hangs very early on.

My hardware: X1 Yoga connected to a OneLink+ dock.  The following devices are connected to the OneLink+: Dell U2713HM via DisplayPort and USB (I have a keyboard and a mouse connected to the USB hub in the Dell monitor), external USB hard-drive, external USB 2.0 sound card, Ethernet connection.

Best regards,

Karol

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,386
Message 4 of 11

In BIOS v1.25, USB enumeration had been changed to fix customer issues.

When you remove all of USB devices from the Onelink+ dock and see symptom gone, I'd like you to remobe those USB devices one by one in order to isolate trigger USB device which introduce the hang issue.

joe_e_e
Punch Card
Views: 1,347
Message 5 of 11

I am currently away from my office (and the dock), but I will try to follow your instructions once I get back.

/Karol
Highlighted
Marc-Oliver
Paper Tape
Views: 1,331
Message 6 of 11

Hello,

I have the exact same issues with the Lenovo T460s (20F9CTO1WW).

After Upgrading to BIOS 1.25 I am not able, to boot while connected with the docking station.

I followed your instruction to remove the connected usb devices.

-> It works!

I have a monitor with an integrated usb hub, this is the only usb device connected to the docking station.

Can you please advise how to fix this issue, without removing the usb cable every time I want to boot the notebook?

Thank you!

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,288
Message 7 of 11

Dear Marc-Oliver,

In order to understand your situation, can I know the below information ?

- Which docking station do you use, ThinkPad Dock , Pro Dock or Ultra Dock ? or any other cable dock connected via USB3.0 ?

- Which monitor do you use ? Dell ? ThinkVision ?

- What will happen when you turn on the monitor explicitely right after ThinkPad power button pressed ?  I experienced some monitors will cause ThinkPad boot hang when monitor is under powewr saver mode.

Marc-Oliver
Paper Tape
Views: 1,236
Message 8 of 11

Hello Rydeen,

Im using the ThinkPad Dock with an Samsung monitor.

When I completely power-off the monitor, Iam able to boot without any issues.

When the monitor is in standby its not working.

Thanks

joe_e_e
Punch Card
Views: 1,146
Message 9 of 11

Hello Rydeen,

I narrowed down the problem to be most likely related to the USB hub in my DELL U2713HM monitor, which is connected to the Onelink+ dock.  I normally have a Lenovo keyboard and a Logitech Unifying dongle connected to the monitor hub.  If I unplug one of the two devices, it does not matter which one, everything works fine.  If both devices are connected then the BIOS freezes.

Best regards,

Karol

joe_e_e
Punch Card
Views: 1,060
Message 10 of 11

Hello Rydeen,

the BIOS has been developed further.  There is a version 1.27 that I have installed.  It still has the same USB issue.  Do you have any estimation for a correction for this issue?

Best regards,

Karol

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors