Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 584
Message 71 of 79

Re: X1 Yoga 2 auto keyboard backlight vs auto-screen brightness issue

@drholliday wrote:

I had subscribed to the link for the firmware. But, I noticed that a new version was posted which removed support for the X1Y2 on that firmware.

Any word on whats going on with the update and/or when we'll expect to see the ME firmware with the fix for the sensor posted?

The fix will actually be two things:  new Intel Management Engine Firmware and a new Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver.  I expect these components to be posted to the support website within a couple weeks.

Highlighted
drholliday
Token Ring
Views: 563
Message 72 of 79

Just wanted to update and let everyone watching this thread know...

The Intel sensor firmware fix is in the current ME firmware update, version 11.8.60.3561. And...it works! The ALS resolution is back to where it is supposed to be (actually, it's better than ever) with good response and accurate data. The keyboard backlight now can be set to auto along with the screen brightness and they are working in perfect harmony!

Don't forget to be sure that the Intel Sensor Hub Driver or Intel Sensor Solution driver should be updated to a version of 3.1.0.3527 or greater BEFORE doing the firmware update (as per the readme.txt for the ME firmware). 

Thank you again @someotherguy for your help with this and to the Lenovo engineering teams for their efforts working with Intel to get this fixed!

Striker317
Token Ring
Views: 554
Message 73 of 79

Notes say

- Prior to the firmware update, make sure Intel Sensor Hub(ISH) driver verion 3.1.0.3527 or later is installed on the system. In the System devices category, Intel(R) Integrated Sensor Solution

Latest version on the X1 Yoga Gen 2 driver page is 3.1.0.3429

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

Where do we get a version of this driver that is 3527 or older? (I cheated and used the X1 Yoga Gen 3 driver at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-... which is 3527, but it should also be posted at the X1 Yoga Gen 2 support site

Glad to report the fix does work for me too!  Finally!

drholliday
Token Ring
Views: 541
Message 74 of 79

@Striker317 wrote:

Where do we get a version of this driver that is 3527 or older? (I cheated and used the X1 Yoga Gen 3 driver at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-... which is 3527, but it should also be posted at the X1 Yoga Gen 2 support site

I'm sure they'll be pushing up a ISS update. I've already been deploying and running Intel Integrated Sensor Solution 3.10.100.3723 for a while so I was already good to go. A quick web search will find that ...

Kiristiba
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 75 of 79

Perhaps they will, I was on 3.10.100.3723 as well.
I reverted back to the older 3.1.0.3429 and installed the new Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware.

I can very happily confirm, auto brightness is working for both screen and keyboard now Smiley Very Happy

Thanks and best regards

drholliday
Token Ring
Views: 521
Message 76 of 79

Be sure that your ISS driver is NEWER than 3527... I had heard that there were some BSOD issues with older drivers and the new firmware.

Kiristiba
Paper Tape
Views: 517
Message 77 of 79

LOL, I had misread the posts before, thinking I had to be on the older version instead of the newer one... *facepalm*

Now I upgraded again to 3.1.0.2723 and it's still working fine Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Striker317
Token Ring
Views: 366
Message 78 of 79

now that the auto keyboard backlight issues are solved...

does this latest intel driver release help with auto-screen brightness issues for anyone

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Version: DCH 25.20.100.6519 (Latest) Date: 1/17/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939

New features listed in Release notes

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28515/eng/ReleaseNotes_DCH_25.20.100.6519.pdf

"Enhanced support for Windows* 10 Ambient light sensor framework."

drholliday
Token Ring
Views: 362
Message 79 of 79

What auto screen brightness issues? I never had a single issue with the auto screen brightness working, just the keyboard issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors