cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medstudentX1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,028
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga 2016 Depot repair service or request replacement? does not resume from sleep, beeping

I am a 5 year owner of an X220 that still runs strong.

I wanted something bigger and lighter. I ordered 2015 model X1 (non-yoga)... it had a poor FHD display screen (fuzzy text, don't get FHD instead get the QHD) and had issues resuming from sleep. Lenovo sent me a replacement, had same issues, I sent both back. No issues with the return process, very easy and free because they were defective.

Now, I ordered a 2016 X1 Yoga because I want to be awesome and show off my touch screen 360degree swivel to cute girls in my class. The QHD display is amazing, looks just like a macbook pro retina display. I close the lid or put the laptop to sleep mode, open the lid, it turns on with blank screen and beeps 4 beeps three times (Everytime I sleep it). I have to manually hold power button to restart laptop. Nice! Also, sometimes the display driver crashes and gives a prompt telling me that it crashed. Another thing is that sometimes when I put it in tablet mode and back to laptop mode, it thinks its still in tablet mode. Other than these issues I've noticed within one day of using it.. no idea what else is yet to come lol... the laptop is so so so awesome, for reals.

That said, should I send it into Lenovo Depot for repair service or get a replacement? I've read bad reviews on the depot service on this forum. At the same time, I don't want Lenovo to send me another defective laptop as was my experience with my X1 (non-yoga). 

What should I do?

Former Employee
Views: 891
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga 2016 Depot repair service or request replacement? does not resume from sleep, beeping

Lenovo has released a BIOS version, v1.10, that resolves failures to resume from sleep mode in X1 Yoga and X1 Carbon 2016 (Machine types: 20FB, 20FC).

Version 1.10

[Problem fixes]

- Fixed an issue where the computer might not resume normal operation from sleep

state due to the inconsistent BIOS setting of security chip.

It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS111756

Thank you,

pr2459
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 3 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga 2016 Depot repair service or request replacement? does not resume from sleep, beeping

I just got a X1 Yoga and had the exactly the same problem. The claptop beeps (4x4) when waking up from sleep and ends up with black screen. I have power it down and reboot every time. I have the BIOS and everything else updated. Any ideas?

pr2459
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 4 of 4

I got the problem solved by going into the BIOS and made some changes related to secure boot and TPM. I end up changing them back and sleep still works. So I think what helped was to clear the enryption and "reset" the BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors