Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miwey
What's DOS?
Views: 2,402
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 2018 SD card reader

X1 Yoga 2018 model Technical specs says this:

• 4-in-1-cardreader (MicroSD) (SD, MMC, SDHC ja SDXC) 

But I don't see any place where to stick my SD cards, except the MicroSD. Does it come with some SD, MMC, SDHC ja SDXC dongle or what? I have sent Lenovo email about this about two weeks ago and since they have not send me anything back I try to find answer from here now.

[offtopic]I have not bought the X1 Yoga yet but its one of the few computers I am considering to buy in near future. The laptop will come to travelling and it should have SD card reader so I can organize photos and videos with it. I would do some color correction and editing with it but all the hard work I do when I get back to home. It should also serve as multimedia machine in airplanes, airfields, busses and what ever. Thats why I think that 2 in 1 pc could be pretty good since its relatively light weight and I believe I will find good viewing angle for the screen everytime. Some times for example the airplanes seats are so small I cant open 15" mbp screen into good viewing angle and there for the screen colors are messt up. I would otherwise buy mbp but I am not fan of #dongle_life and had one Lenovo laptop in the past and it served me very well for many years and their customer support was top notch. Once broke the screen into million pieces and they replaced it in less than 24 hours. Was a bit amazed when looking into the tracking code and it said the laptop flied overnight to the germany and then back at mid day and received it afternoon fully repaired.[/offtopic]

OneThinkpadFan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,238
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 2018 SD card reader

The SD card slot is in the back behind the hinge. See the CNET review (https://www.cnet.com/reviews/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-yoga-2018-review/) for example: "A near-hidden panel on the back has microSD card and global LTE-A slots. "

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors