cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CodeSlinger
What's DOS?
Views: 1,232
Message 61 of 65

Re: X1 Yoga (20FR) display freezes/black screen with spinning dots with latest Intel HD Graphics Dri

I have exactly this problem, and 21.20.16.4590 driver on a Carbon X1 20FB. The value is there, and is a DWORD set to '4'. I am going to delete it and see what happens.

Excellent - my X1 screen is operational again after deleting that value and rebooting. Many thanks.

P.S. Lots of posts since the post by Chris Perry so I'll repeat the key bits here -

Look in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\IGFX, delete the value 'PanelDriver' on that key, then reboot.

rtlinux
Token Ring
Views: 1,144
Message 62 of 65

Re: X1 Yoga (20FR) display freezes/black screen with spinning dots with latest Intel HD Graphics Dri

That is great but will the SCCM driver pack be updated to reflect this so we do not have to manually touch systems post build?

rtlinux
Token Ring
Views: 1,143
Message 63 of 65

the included URL (and teh readme for the update) states its for this set of models: 'X1 Carbon (Type 20FB, 20FC) Laptop (ThinkPad)'  not the 20FR this chain refers to.  Is this correct?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,135
Message 64 of 65

[edit] It does say that in the heading but reading down the page, what it says is:

Support models
ThinkPad X1 Yoga ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Machine types: 20FB, 20FC)

Both on the download page and in the readme.  It would seem to be for the 1st-gen X1 Yoga AND for X1C 20FB & 20FC.  Presumably called out this way since there are several generations of X1C.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

rtlinux
Token Ring
Views: 1,125
Message 65 of 65

I see it now, thanks for the quick reply!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors