Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JStandard
Paper Tape
Views: 864
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (2017) - Non-stop Ghost Touches

Hello,

I just received an X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (2017) with monitor "Flexview Display 1920x1080", which is having constant "ghost touches" unless I disable the "HID compliant touch screen" in Windows Device Manager.

The ghost touching happens constantly, rendering the device useless while the touchscreen is enabled. It is also focused on one specific area of the screen.

There were no problems the first day, the problem seemed to start after I converted the machine into tablet mode and wrote notes for 10 mins using Windows Sketchbook and the included pen.

I'm running Windows 10, basically just out of the box after going through a few rounds of automatic system updates.

I have the most current driver of the Wintab Driver for Wacom Pen 7.3.4.33.

I've seen this thread for the Yoga 3 which has reported a similar issue: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ll06_en/thread-id/26944/page/9

The problem goes away COMPLETELY if I disable the touchscreen and returns if I re-enable it.

Aoatee
What's DOS?
Views: 786
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (2017) - Non-stop Ghost Touches

I have the 1st generation X1 Yoga with higher res touch screen. I too have this exact same problem which only just started today!! I'm guessing Microsoft rolled out a driver and it's busted something. Hopefully Lenovo can quickly fix this as it's really annoying.....

JStandard
Paper Tape
Views: 705
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (2017) - Non-stop Ghost Touches

Update for all: This problem seems to have gone away after disabling / re-enabling the touchpanel several times. I've used the digitizer and stylus for extensive note-taking in the past week and all has gone well.

It doesn't make sense that would solve the problem and might signal a driver update which happened automatically in the background. Will post more info here if the issue returns.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors