cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgat
Not applicable
Views: 907
Message 1 of 31

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen / Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware Update (11.8.60.3561) never finishes

Hi,

I'm currently facing the issue that the Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmeware Update (11.8.60.3561) suggested by Lenovo Vantage as Important update never finishes - it alway terminate in the end with the following error in the error log:

Error 8707: Firmware update failed due to an internal error

Does anyone has ideas how to solve this?

Regards
pgat

Mac_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 808
Message 2 of 31

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen / Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware Update (11.8.60.3561) never finishes

Hi pgat!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Try to uninstall / reinstall Lenovo Vantage and check for system and driver updates again. If same issue, manually download and install the Intel IMEI driver here, https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-....

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jtgbdr
Not applicable
Views: 756
Message 3 of 31

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen / Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware Update (11.8.60.3561) never finishes

Dear Mac_Lenovo,

I have exactly the same problem and tried your advice. I did uninstall and reinstall Lenovo Vantage and tried the update with Vantage and had the same issue. Also I manually downloaded and installed the Intel IME driver with the same result. Sorry, but it is not working for me. Did any of you solve the problem with this method?

Thanks and best regards,

pgat
Not applicable
Views: 753
Message 4 of 31

The same on my side - didn't work - Lenovo can you please come up with a solutions to this?

someotherguy
Not applicable
Views: 739
Message 5 of 31

I checked two different X1 Yoga 2nd gen machines here, but didn't have this problem.  They both updated the to the ME firmware 11.8.60.3561 successfully.  Could you please provide 2 things?

1.  the current version of ME firmware installed.  You can find this on the main screen of BIOS Setup as "ME Firmware Version"

2.  a screenshot or error log that shows "Error 8707: Firmware update failed due to an internal error"

Thanks and sorry for this trouble.

Sci
Not applicable
Views: 695
Message 6 of 31

Hi,

I face a similar problem: My Yoga X1 2nd seems to complete the update to firmware 11.8 correctly, but after reboot it again wants me to do the update. It seems to never have done it. I tried to update via Lenovo Vantage or downloading the update directly. In both cases it does not work.

I have uploaded an image showing the Lenovo Vantage screenshot showing the successful update to 11.8 (bottom) together with the recommended update to 11.8 (top).

jtgbdr
Not applicable
Views: 668
Message 7 of 31

Dear Sci,

The problem you are facing is not just similar. Most likely it is the same.

As the command prompt window is closing so quickly after the update, it is extremely difficult to recognise the error message “Error 8707: Firmware update failed due to an internal error”. It took me a while to recognise the error message.

@someotherguy: Is there any way, to prevent the command prompt window from closing in order to provide the screenshot you requested? I even tried starting the update in Windows Power Shell, but right after the error message the window is closing immediately and the machines restarts.

The ME Firmware version you asked for is “11.8.55.3510” according to the BIOS main page.

Thanks and best regards,

Bernold
Not applicable
Views: 657
Message 8 of 31

I'm in the process of updating our company's laptops firmwares manually (not running Vantage). So far all of them (43) have failed the 11.8.60.3561 ME update. At the end of the flashing there is an error in red and then each laptops reboots right away.

(On 3rd gen there is no problem).

someotherguy
Not applicable
Views: 646
Message 9 of 31

@jtgbdr wrote:

@someotherguy: Is there any way, to prevent the command prompt window from closing in order to provide the screenshot you requested? I even tried starting the update in Windows Power Shell, but right after the error message the window is closing immediately and the machines restarts.

Please try this:

1.  download the firmware package here:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

2.  Run n1nrg01w.exe, but UNCHECK the option at the end about "install now..."

3.  open command prompt as admin

4.  at command prompt, enter:   cd \drivers\win\me

5.  at command prompt, enter:   notepad meupdate.cmd

6.  near the bottom of the file, completely delete the line "Shutdown.exe -r -t 10", then save the file

7.  at command prompt, enter:  meupdate.cmd

8.  post a screenshot of the error that you see

9.  at command prompt, enter:  meinfowin64.exe > output.txt

10.  attach output.txt here

Sci
Not applicable
Views: 638
Message 10 of 31

...here you go:

Screenshot_ErrorMessage_Firmware11_8.jpgI

I zipped the output file; your system does not allow uploading .txt files...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors