Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dasacc22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 825
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen OLED screen starts flashing random colors

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYaIh8wqwsI

I've been using this laptop for 3 months now and the issue started last night. After being off all night, it was working ok for about 4 hours today, but then started doing this again. Turning screen off/on or changing resolution can "fix" the issue temporarily, but it starts back within minutes. Even just booting up into the bios menu and waiting long enough has produced the issue once it's started.

Average reported tempatures during use today: 39-49C, so I don't think it's overheating.

I updated BIOS from 1.15 to 1.25 just-in-case, but I get the feeling I'm going to have to send this off for repair.

Is this a common issue? The closest thing I found was flickering with reduced brightness but that looks nothing like this, plus I've run at 100% brightness since purchase. I can't help but notice 3rd gen has dropped the OLED option...

Considering I use this machine for work, I'd take a matte IPS if it's going to be more reliable than this OLED display.

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 734
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen OLED screen starts flashing random colors

Dear customer,

development team suggested it is H/W issue so that you need to contact Lenovo Service to repare.

fallschurchman
What's DOS?
Views: 669
Message 3 of 4

I have the same issue.  My x1 yoga OLED is out of warranty.  Can you confirm the display would need to be replaced to fix the issue?  I can still use my machine since it's an intermittent problem that goes away when I decrease the brightness momentarily, but I want to know the root cause.

voidshatter
Punch Card
Views: 605
Message 4 of 4

@fallschurchman wrote:

I have the same issue.  My x1 yoga OLED is out of warranty.  Can you confirm the display would need to be replaced to fix the issue?  I can still use my machine since it's an intermittent problem that goes away when I decrease the brightness momentarily, but I want to know the root cause.

It's a hardware issue. If your laptop is out of warranty, it would cost you $686.82 or €777.88 to replace the screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors