05-07-2019 11:15 AM - edited 05-07-2019 11:17 AM
I ordered two idential ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Generation laptops. Both were equipped with the Integrated Mobile Broadband (EM7455 LTE-A) component.
However, only one of the laptops has a "Cellular" option in the Network & Settings area and operates fine with a SIM card.
The other device does not show a Cellular option, nor does it allow a connection to a SIM card.
I've completed the following steps:
* Updated all Lenovo drivers
* Installed the latest EM7455 LTE-A drivers
* Called Lenovo Support (they suggested a factory reset thinking it could have been a glitch with Windows 10)
* Factory reset the entire laptop with a fresh version of Windows 10
* Reinstalled all required Lenovo drivers
* Installed fresh version of EM7455 LTE-A drivers
I still do not have a Cellular option, nor do I see the EM7455 LTE-A driver in my Network Adapters in the Device Manager.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-07-2019 05:46 PM
05-08-2019 07:17 AM
You definitely helped me figure out the issue! I looked up the serial number for both models. The model that works with the SIM has the ANT kit,WLAN+WWAN,Normal,JTANTENNA. The other did not have that included.
Thanks for the help!