Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philipb1
Serial Port
Views: 881
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Trackpad

I have a new X1 Yoga 2nd Gen and the track has the following problems with two finger scroll.

1 When scrolling with Internet Explorer or Edge it scrolls smoothly but then the page will start jumping up and down. It often does this during a smooth two finger scrolling stroke.

2 When scrolling through a text document, directories and most things that are not browser related the effort and number of strokes with my fingers required goes up hugely. It is like the page is stuck and difficult to move. I write software so scrolling through documents with various editors and android studio is part of my daily work.

I have the latest Bios, latest drivers and Windows is fully up to date. I reported the fault to Lenovo and they signed on to my computer and agreed there is a problem. They offered to swap the laptop or to get an engineer out to replace the touchpad. When I told the consultant that this is the second X1 Yoga laptop I have had because of this problem he said it was probably a bad batch of hardware. I doubt this as it seems more like bad drivers.

Does anyone else have these problems?

I am currently using a Thinkpad T420 which I think is perfect machine in all ways but just too slow now.

Phil 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 855
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Trackpad

I have not experienced this on my machine

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Philipb1
Serial Port
Views: 812
Message 3 of 4

Though I would add a video of the problem. 

In the first half you can see the browser scrolling beautifully with every small movement of my fingers but in the second half you can see that in anything which is not browser based (in this case android studio) when I move my fingers the full length of the touchpad the screen will only jump a few lines at a time, other times it might jump half a page making it almost impossible to use.

In the first part of the video the screen scrolls in proportion to my fingers movement but in the second half my fingers move the whole height of the track pad before the screen jumps one line.

Philipb1
Serial Port
Views: 786
Message 4 of 4

I have looked into this and it is either a Synaptics or Windows driver and the way it treats a text file which seems to relate to the number of lines scrolled at one time and a browser that is scrolled as some type of graphics screen with no text lines like an editor. I am starting to fear that there is no solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors