Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

01-12-2011

United States of America

36 Signins

183 Page Views

• Views: 183
  • Message 1 of 1

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen - noisy buttons & screen issues

2017-12-28, 19:35 PM

Just got an X1 Yoga 2nd Gen, and while the trackpad buttons (the mouse buttons, not the trackpad itself) seem more reliable than my X1 Carbon, they make a ton of noise. Unless you depress them directly in the center (which is difficult, given their width & the fact that I rest my thumb on the middle button for scrolling), you can hear a "pop" that sounds like one of those old-tymey Atari 400 membrane keyboards. It's loud enough that I imagine it would be irritating to anyone sitting next to me at work.  Is this a design issue, or do I need to RMA the thing?

Also, the screen has a couple issues:  First, the color is uneven (greener on the left, pinker on the right), which I suspect is due to the bleed I see with a black screen in the upper-left corner.  Not sure if OLEDs are even supposed to have bleed problems, but it's fairly obvious in a dark room.  I suspect this is a repair situation, but just wondering if it's a known problem.

Finally, when playing a movie, the screen drops to low-contrast after 5-10min of no user input.  (This is Windows 10.)  Moving the pointer pops it back into high contrast.  It very much appears to be a contrast thing, and not the screen dimming.  I've turned off all the auto-dimming settings I could find - but the Intel one that was my suspected culprit seems to be missing from the Intel interface you get by right-clicking on the desktop.  Has anyone noticed/solved this particular issue?  (And shouldn't the thing be smart enough to know not to go fiddling with the display when there's video playing?)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms