Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers4az
What's DOS?
Views: 2,143
Message 11 of 15

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen - unlock in tablet mode

Is there no way to unlock a non OLED gen 2 Yoga in tablet mode?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,130
Message 12 of 15

You can unlock either type of X1 Yoga Gen 2 in tablet mode using the fingerprint reader.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
pdmetze
What's DOS?
Views: 2,071
Message 13 of 15

Sadly not if the company disables interactive logon via GPO. If the screen "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL..." appears, the fingerprint is not active until you actually press this button combo. On other devices there was a windows button on the display front and by pressing the power + windows button it triggered the same as CTRL+ALT+DEL. But I yesterday got the Yoga 370 and obviously it has no windows button on the diplay front.

Therefor, in tablet mode, the only button you have is the power button. And this does not work as "security button".

So the question remains: How can you get passed this screen on X1 Yoga non-OLED or Yoga 370?

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,078
Message 14 of 15

Dear pdmetze,

At this moment, I only can say there is no way to perform Ctrl-Alt-Del key action under Tablet mode operation on X1 Yoga 2nd Gen and Yoga 370.  Since ThinkPad "Yoga" models have thier keyboards at any time and easy to restore keyboad functioning by making Laptop mode, it seemes Windows botton was removed.

pdmetze
What's DOS?
Views: 2,038
Message 15 of 15

Hello Rydeen,

well thats too bad. I don't understand anyway why this CTRL-ALT-DEL is still necessary... But I also would have preferred a windows button on the display front somewhere.

But I guess thats how it is for now.

Thanks and regards,

Patrick

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors