cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddEichel
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen w/ USB-C Dock external monitor question

Just received a new X1 Yoga 2nd gen laptop with a USB-C dock (40A90090US) and I'm trying to run a three monitor setup.  Tried with the two built in display port connections and the laptop screen, but that's not working.  Currently have it running with one display port, the laptop screen, and the HDMI port on the laptop, but that's not ideal, having to plug in two cables.  I'd prefer to not use the VGA port, but would that be the only way to have two active external monitors coming from the dock in addition to the laptop screen?  Other option is that I could probably scrounge a third monitor, leave the laptop closed and run three monitors off the dock, though as near as I can tell, that dock doesn't support three live monitors.  Looks like I'd need to upgrade to the thunderbolt dock (40AC0135xx) for that to work, is that correct?

Thanks for any input...

ToddEichel
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 2nd Gen w/ USB-C Dock external monitor question

Found a solution that worked in a different thread, https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1-5th-Gen-and-USB-C-40A9009US/m-p/3675019#M7... Essentially just a matter of going into Intel Graphics Driver UI, go into the multiple display second, should be a third pulldown that's empty, (first as the laptop screen, second as one of the external monitors connected to a DP port), and select the montitor that isn't selected yet.  No idea why it's not active by default, but there you go.

Top Kudoed Authors