Options

2 Posts

07-08-2019

US

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen 20LD - External monitor/graphics issues - "this computer does not meet the minimum"

2019-07-08, 16:23 PM

Recently my Yoga has begun to not work very well with external monitors and USB-C docks. Specifically, if I am plugged into a dock with working external monitors, then remove the USB-C plug then plug it back in again, the external monitors will no longer display. This can often be fixed by shutting the laptop lid and opening it again. Sometimes this is just fixed randomly by waiting. Sometimes a reboot will fix it. 

Suspecting that it is an issue with the drivers, I have gone to the downloads page and downloaded "Intel Graphics Driver (Version 1709 or later)". When I attempt to install these drivers however I get the error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software". I get this when I try to install manually OR when I try to use the Thinkvantage software to update my computer. Not sure why my computer would not meet the minimum requirements if this is the download specifically for my computer.

How can I still this software or fix my external monitor issue? Thanks!

Options

2 Posts

07-08-2019

US

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen 20LD - External monitor/graphics issues - "this computer does not meet the

2019-07-08, 21:03 PM

More info. One thing I have been able to fairly reliably reproduce is when the monitor is not working, I can close the lid then open it again. Once I do that the external monitor(s) begin working again.

Options

28 Posts

07-23-2019

CN

69 Signins

476 Page Views

• Views: 476
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen 20LD - External monitor/graphics issues - "this computer does not meet the

2019-08-01, 2:40 AM

This phenomenon is caused by the machine has been installed the DCH driver by Windows Update.

The latest driver download by web or push by TVSU is Non -DCH driver, so that it can't be installed and tips mismacth.

You can update this driver as followings:

1, Download the latest driver from web;

2, Disconnect the network;

3, Uninstalled this Intel Graphics driver from device management, make sure to check the box

4, Restart the machine;

5, Installed the latest driver;

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete