Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
widerporst
Punch Card
Views: 418
Message 21 of 28

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Battery Life Less Than 8 Hours

Wait, how long is the battery of the X1Y3 supposed to last with normal use?

I usually get about 3,5 to 4 hours when browsing or playing videos on low brightness on Windows 10 with Chrome. I already undervolted my CPU by 93 mV and use the most current drivers. On average, according to the powercfg battery report, my laptop consumes an average of 10 W. According to Throttlestop, the CPU only accounts for 2 W of this while playing video. Is there something wrong with my device or is the battery just insufficient for it?

drjochen
Punch Card
Views: 415
Message 22 of 28

For me this is normal. Actually, my battery life is even a bit shorter. Around 3 hours typically. The advertising says all day better life. I wish my workday was 3 hours......

psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 376
Message 23 of 28

I got the HDR screen and I'm getting around 3.5 - 4 hours as well with the brightness almost all the way low doing word procesisng and listening to music on youtube.

I also have the massive battery drain in sleep mode problem. Have to use hibernate.

Also have a broken touch screen which has the ghost touch problem which I have been waiting 3 weeks already and am now told new screen won't ship until the 20th of October. Had to disable touch screen.

Worst laptop I have ever owned and its $3k worth top of the line.

euclidnet
What's DOS?
Views: 198
Message 24 of 28

I just received my X1 Yoga 3rd gen, and was astounded by the horrible battery life. I would leave it plugged in overnight and wake up to 80% battery charge. Or put it in my bag, and open it up, and have 20% remaining.

I'm coming from a yoga 2 pro (2015/2016), so if anything I expected a huge increase in battery life. My yoga 2 pro I could go two or more days without charging - my typical use pattern is opening for 15-20 minutes, storing in my bag maybe 7-8 times a day.

I've done everything I can think of, changing windows power settings to hibernate rather than sleep, but this is absurd. If there isn't a fix for this before my return window is up, I'll be returning it for my money back and looking for another ultrabook.

NealD85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 180
Message 25 of 28

We just purchased a new fleet of 3rd gens and are having the same issue, which was not at all present in our fleet of 2nd gens.

It looks like Lenovo has disabled the traditional sleep state in favor of Connected Standby/Modern Standby on the 3rd gens as well as the 6th gen carbons. This state uses considerably more power than S3, and is causing a lot of headaches for my users.

Lenovo, can we get an official response on this issue? Is there a BIOS update coming that could re-enable S3?

psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 163
Message 26 of 28

This has been going on for a while now. 

Very lame..

jmota
Fanfold Paper
Views: 115
Message 27 of 28

Lenovo has not made any mentions on this thread about whether they recognize this as an issue and whether they are looking into any fixes. I have tried messaging directly a moderator and my message went through a black hole. The only answer I got from contacting customer support was that they could replace the battery.

I wish I would had known about this before purchasing mine, so I think the best course of action is to leave a review on the purchasing page about this behavior so prospective buyers are aware of it.

Qasim1786
Fanfold Paper
Views: 88
Message 28 of 28

I dd that same thing and posted my review on that issue on the main product page. However, it's very unprofessional from Lenovo to not to show any concern seriously!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors